• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Quote:

Fuck you Minya, he started it.

--- Original message by MilSpex on Mar 17, 2006 03:57 AM

haptronic edited your message, you fucking moron. Can you even read?

--- Original message by minya on Mar 17, 2006 09:32 AM

Fuck you anyway, oh and Hap, fuck you, you no-eye brows, son of a bitch!icon_smile_big.gif

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

YO AznInvazn

i don't know how your mama raised you but i think you're wack. since when does someone's ethnicity make someone cool or not? you're lucky i'm not there because this sicilian is ready to bitch slap you motherfucker.

the hundreds are huger than huge. keep it up guys - let these bitches keep sweatin' you

come to mama

http://www.mamaclothing.com

http://www.mamatheglamorouslife.blogspot.com

Quote:
Quote: I will say this though. They have the best crew out of any streetwear brands. I think the main appeal of the company (to me at least) is the fact that the guys are real as fuck and cool people.

They've got a 4xl tee wearing wigger, overweight middle eastern dude, and an asian guy. Yes, cool people.

--- Original message by AznInvazn on Mar 17, 2006 04:43 PM

What the fuck?

Have a little respect for people in general, man.

Everyone step back from your computers....turn them off....go to a bar with a pretty girl, sit down, have a drink and forget about fashion streetwear politics for a night.

Love thy neighbour

http://photobucket.com/albums/y278/andewhall/

Do I respond?

If I do, then I look like a defensive whiny pansy boy.

If I don't, then I leave our brand open to baseless gossip.

Hmmm.. ah, what the hell. You can never keep the Cool Guys happy. Especially Internet Cool Guys. Those are the worst kind.

Anyways, as goes my disclaimer on messageboard responses, if any of these individuals had personally emailed me with these concerns, I would have responded in kind. Since they asked in a public forum, I will respond in kind.

mlproject:

Yes, I must admit our "Death" tee looks similar to Rockers' tee. But I actually think it looks a lot closer to Obituary's, Cradle of Filth's, Exhumed's, Dark Throne's, Emperor's, and every other band on Earache's t-shirts. In fact, as did Rockers, this graphic is based on death-metal tees I wore in high school. There you go.

artificalsky:

We've been using Paisley for quite a while now. Nothing new.

Eastcoastrider27:

1) I'm sorry to break it to you, but no, we didn't bite Supreme's "rottweiler" tee (in fact, I don't even know what you're talking about). The Pit Bull tee's graphic is pulled from Griff's hoverboard in "Back to the Future 2," which I have referenced in past seasons as well. And relax homey, it's just a dog. I'm surprised you didn't think I bit LRG's bulldog tee, or the Mack Trucks bulldog, or the Taco Bell chihuahua.

2) Trying to claim things? ..using skateboarding as a "crutch" to gain "cred"?! Our background in skateboarding? I am dying to answer this sarcastically, but I will be straight-up. Like I established when we released our "Thank You Skateboarding" tee, I have skated since I was 12, and it shaped my life. How much more cred do you need? Does it help that both Scotty and I worked at Transworld? Or that I had a skate photo exhibit with Craig Stecyk and Friedman in high school? No??? Man, that sucks. You're right. We're posers. And to answer your next question, we still suck at skating. Skate or die dude.

3) And I'm so sorry that "everyone sucks their dick whenever shit comes out. " I must sincerely apologize that there are people in this world who actually appreciate our product. Oh darn.

Proletariat:

WHO THE HELL SAID WE MADE 2,000 TEES !??! Bwaahahahaha. Speakin' of hype, it's rumors like that that get hypebeasts wet. So I guess I should thank you for building false hype for us. LIKE I SAID ON OUR SITE (which - judging by your quotes - you've obviously read, so I don't know where the miscommunication lies), we only reserve a FEW items for online sales. THUS, the blowout. No, nothing close to 2,000 tees. More like 20 tees of each style. Ahhh, does that make you feel better? Now you can breathe easier knowing that we're still poor and unsuccessful.!

Freedom Fighter our biggest fan: you wrote:

Quote: they tak about stussy, undftd, ssur, etc, but then they sell to niketalkers and kids.

I will try our best to withhold our product from your enemies. At this time, we are hiring CoolGuys to stand watch at Union NYC to make sure only non-niketalkers and only individuals over the age of 25 (and who are responsible) have access to our product. I mean seriously dude,... what!!???!

I don't want to get caught up in all the negativity and sarcasm, because we have so many supporters on these boards who have watched us grow, and we are thankful. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I was the 16th person to register for Supertalk and will always love being a member of this community. Ben and I have been waiting for this day for years, where a Supertalk post would attract so much gossip and errant speculation. Truly shows that we're striking a nerve.!

Also, I am fully aware of the distinction between jealousy-based "hating" and critique. We're always grateful for the compliments, but also more interested in critique that many ST veterans have given us over the years. Trust me, I pay attention to the thoughtful, intelligent, and wel

Do I respond?

If I do, then I look like a defensive whiny pansy boy.

If I don't, then I leave our brand open to baseless gossip.

Hmmm.. ah, what the hell. You can never keep the Cool Guys happy. Especially Internet Cool Guys. Those are the worst kind.

Anyways, as goes my disclaimer on messageboard responses, if any of these individuals had personally emailed me with these concerns, I would have responded in kind. Since they asked in a public forum, I will respond in kind.

mlproject:

Yes, I must admit our "Death" tee looks similar to Rockers' tee. But I actually think it looks a lot closer to Obituary's, Cradle of Filth's, Exhumed's, Dark Throne's, Emperor's, and every other band on Earache's t-shirts. In fact, as did Rockers, this graphic is based on death-metal tees I wore in high school. There you go.

artificalsky:

We've been using Paisley for quite a while now. Nothing new.

Eastcoastrider27:

1) I'm sorry to break it to you, but no, we didn't bite Supreme's "rottweiler" tee (in fact, I don't even know what you're talking about). The Pit Bull tee's graphic is pulled from Griff's hoverboard in "Back to the Future 2," which I have referenced in past seasons as well. And relax homey, it's just a dog. I'm surprised you didn't think I bit LRG's bulldog tee, or the Mack Trucks bulldog, or the Taco Bell chihuahua.

2) Trying to claim things? ..using skateboarding as a "crutch" to gain "cred"?! Our background in skateboarding? I am dying to answer this sarcastically, but I will be straight-up. Like I established when we released our "Thank You Skateboarding" tee, I have skated since I was 12, and it shaped my life. How much more cred do you need? Does it help that both Scotty and I worked at Transworld? Or that I had a skate photo exhibit with Craig Stecyk and Friedman in high school? No??? Man, that sucks. You're right. We're posers. And to answer your next question, we still suck at skating. Skate or die dude.

3) And I'm so sorry that "everyone sucks their dick whenever shit comes out. " I must sincerely apologize that there are people in this world who actually appreciate our product. Oh darn.

Proletariat:

WHO THE HELL SAID WE MADE 2,000 TEES !??! Bwaahahahaha. Speakin' of hype, it's rumors like that that get hypebeasts wet. So I guess I should thank you for building false hype for us. LIKE I SAID ON OUR SITE (which - judging by your quotes - you've obviously read, so I don't know where the miscommunication lies), we only reserve a FEW items for online sales. THUS, the blowout. No, nothing close to 2,000 tees. More like 20 tees of each style. Ahhh, does that make you feel better? Now you can breathe easier knowing that we're still poor and unsuccessful.!

Freedom Fighter our biggest fan: you wrote:

Quote: they tak about stussy, undftd, ssur, etc, but then they sell to niketalkers and kids.

I will try our best to withhold our product from your enemies. At this time, we are hiring CoolGuys to stand watch at Union NYC to make sure only non-niketalkers and only individuals over the age of 25 (and who are responsible) have access to our product. I mean seriously dude,... what!!???!

I don't want to get caught up in all the negativity and sarcasm, because we have so many supporters on these boards who have watched us grow, and we are thankful. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I was the 16th person to register for Supertalk and will always love being a member of this community. Ben and I have been waiting for this day for years, where a Supertalk post would attract so much gossip and errant speculation. Truly shows that we're striking a nerve.!

Also, I am fully aware of the distinction between jealousy-based "hating" and critique. We're always grateful for the compliments, but also more interested in critique that many ST veterans have given us over the years. Trust me, I pay attention to the thoughtful, intelligent, and wel

Quote: We may not be the best at what we do, but we're trying to make a living. We may not make your favorite designs, but we produce work that's personal to us, relevant to our lives, and hopefully something that connects to our supporters whether it be viscerally, intellectually, politically, or just for aesthetic reasons. We may not be doing it how you would do it, or selling to who you want it to sell to, but then that's why you have the God-given right to make your own clothes and sell them however you want.

i've actually been waiting for bobby's response in this thread and it couldnt be said any better than what i quote above. that's how i like my clothes too, something that portrays things that i can connect to, or at the very least has great visual/aesthetic appeal. more than half of what the hundreds collection this season don't really appeal to me, but i guess that's because of our different backgrounds etc and i appreciate where they're coming from. keep up the work.

Bobby, I'm not a big fan of the brand but I wish you all the best.

You know you're starting to do well when you have a thread on supertalk dedicated to complaining about how popular your clothes are.

(started by dontcaretoomuchforcrap's new account, no less icon_smile_big.gif)

lol, i think when i do make clothes, Id want people to hate and get mad. I want to strike a nerve, because honestly id rather have it be a love it or hate it thing, rather than have people be totally oblivious/have no opinion

Quote:

lol, i think when i do make clothes, Id want people to hate and get mad. I want to strike a nerve, because honestly id rather have it be a love it or hate it thing, rather than have people be totally oblivious/have no opinion

--- Original message by homi29 on Mar 18, 2006 11:28 AM

^ how about RECKON? he got mad hate here icon_smile_tongue.gif

Bobby- just knowing there is a real dude behind this brand that actually cares is all I needed to know. Thanks for posting. As I go back and read my posts I am a bit embarassed about how my points came out. I meant them to sound a lot more constructive, and it isn't hard to say shit when you think you are talking about an entity and not an individual. I must have been having a shit day or something but that's just an excuse. You brought up an excellent point that this is your art and not everyone has to like it. I think we all forget that shit while we ride our high horses into the internet. Anyways, I'm glad you responded, I think a lot of us needed the personal connection to the brand.

http://www.arevolt.com

>>>>>>>>>>>>

mlproject:

>>>>>>>>>>>>

i didn't post it as you were biting rockers, but they both definitely have that black metal feel. its just interesting to see that look coming into this scene.

anyway, its nice to see another line taking off.

Edited by mlproject on Mar 18, 2006 at 01:19 PM

haha man I didn't mean for this to turn into a pat-me-on-the-back fest, but thanks anyways.

Like I said, you have free reign to pick our brand apart. Critique. Criticism. It's all good. That's what messageboards are for, right? Don't be surprised if I have an explosive response because that's how I may feel about a jab. At the same time, I think we're all mature enough to understand that it's all dialogue. You can expect me to always be on ST, ready and willing to have an open discussion as to what I'm trying to do with our brand, so if you want to publicly address something regarding us, ST is the place to do it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, taste, and conjectures about our work. At times, it's hard for me to hear "hate" considering how much this stuff means to me (yes, even a simple t-shirt graphic of the Lost Boys sums up an entire personal story I've been traversing through over the past year), but I do my best to keep things in perspective and remain objective in my response.

We may end up in screaming matches on this board, but dude, at the end of the day, it's just clothes and t-shirts and hype, and we're all just having a dialogue. This is not my entire life, nor is it yours. Like homeboy above me said, sometimes it takes me shutting-off the computer to remember what's important!

I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of ST is involved at some level in the industry. So your opinions mean a lot to me, considering how young of a brand we are, and how much we have to learn.

Anyways, I am always lurking several messageboards that many of you frequent, my email address is on our website, and I even gots me one o' dem Myspace thingamabobbers. I have done everything I can to open myself up to anyone who is wishing to engage in a dialogue. So take advantage of that.

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

Edited by bobbyhundreds on Mar 18, 2006 at 03:31 PM