Forget Supreme, this is what you need....

well read in WWD that UO saw their first quarter sales plummet as according to them, there was a "tectonic shift" away from the distressed graphic look and more towards 80's plain colors. Guess their "inspiration" graphics scouters might be offloading mighty quickicon_smile_blackeye.gif

Johnny Cupcakes can sleep easy

Adrian Wilson

Interior and Architectural Photographer

www.interiorphotography.net

Guest Fade to Black

Jiggy this is probably, Purple Label, or that BBC shit, or it's probably tailored...y'all niggas actin way too tough, throw on a suit get it tapered up...

this is something I have known for a long time. Supreme most definitely buys bags from Army Surplus companies and sews their little labels on them and makes a huge profit. I love it when I see little dipshits carrying around bags wbeaming with pride that should cost around $30-$40.

here's one of my favorites:

Supreme Bag:

0.jpg

Australian Rucksack:

4275.jpg

Quote:

this is something I have known for a long time. Supreme most definitely buys bags from Army Surplus companies and sews their little labels on them and makes a huge profit. I love it when I see little dipshits carrying around bags wbeaming with pride that should cost around $30-$40.

here's one of my favorites:

Supreme Bag:

0.jpg

Australian Rucksack:

4275.jpg

--- Original message by Proletariat on Mar 16, 2006 10:07 PM

but is the Australian Army rucksack done in scatterweave? with YKK zips? Uh, no.

I can see you`re point about Supreme borrowing patterns from other packs but the actual production is obviously done for Supreme. They dont buy the exact same bags `and sew the supreme label in`, dipshit.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Gonna have to agree with Milspex here.

But just like Safeway brand "Grain O's" and Cheerios might be made in the same factory. I would speculate that Supreme's bags are coming from very similar places as those that we've seen in surplus stores...if not the same place.

Not sure if that's difficult to understand or not.

the Supreme backpack I have is extremely nice. It's made out of scatterweave nylon, not cotton (as that rucksack appears to be) and is made in the USA.

Also the Supreme M65 is made out of waterproof moleskin and includes a liner and also has a different, heavier-weight hood than the mil-spec M65.

I'm glad I own both.

Quote:

But just like Safeway brand "Grain O's" and Cheerios might be made in the same factory. I would speculate that Supreme's bags are coming from very similar places as those that we've seen in surplus stores...if not the same place.

--- Original message by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Mar 16, 2006 10:28 PM

supreme packs are not made in the same place they make cheerios

RichmondSkylineNight.jpg

Quote:

I'm not even sure what you're point is Milspex. Look, when I think of quality, I think Vietnam.

img10211857020.jpeg

--- Original message by Proletariat on Mar 16, 2006 10:43 PM

all my supreme luggage (3 duffles, 2 backpacks) are made in the USA, but whatever, Vietnam or wherever I dont really give a fuck-Some of the best quality manufactured apparel these days comes outta China for example.

Supreme M65s are obviously better finished than you`re standard M65. Dont act like its the same, its not.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Mar 16, 2006 10:28 PM

supreme packs are not made in the same place they make cheerios

--- Original message by drew exclusive on Mar 16, 2006 11:44 PM

you're a funny one bud.

what kind of material is the current US army using for their backpacks and stuff? you think they will start issuing supreme products into their military grade

-I felt good times come, i thought they stay

angels came, but they left today.

hotel motel its hot in hell

now i am left with no home-

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

this argument is dumb.

if dior makes jeans, and so does old navy, why not buy old navy?

obviously the quality is better. anyone arguing for "army surplus" has never owned a supreme product.

--- Original message by werdtoyourmoms on Mar 17, 2006 09:16 PM

actually dior is a bad example...not for the jeans, because they're quality...but nowadays the only quality stuff coming out of the Dior house is the suits and jeans...that's all the brand ever was, to me anyways. A lot of the cotton tops/knits I've seen for S/S 06 is comparable to H&M, the casual wear is just stuff to sell. But the suits and jeans, that's where Hedi's touch works real magic...definitely take a pair of DH orange overdyes over H&M any day...

i'm rambling but i'm drunk so whatever...

Milspex and Minya are totally on point. The quality of Supreme products are superior. Do they warrant the price? That is for the consumer (hypebeast or afficionado) to decide.

BTW think of the US Army, and think whether these basterds select their goods based on quality or price? There are some of wonderful quality, and there are pieces that is complete shit. And don't even get started about the fit.

-pete

its commonplace for companies to take an item to the manufacturer, tell them to make it the same with a few details changed. alot of companies that make the original items for the mil also do private label (provided that its worth their time financially). so one cannot say off the bat that they just rebadge something. however, i agree that they shouldnt be applauded for recycling existing designs (like the jansport rip that came out recently), only for upping the quality factor, if in fact that is what they have done.

Quote:

Milspex and Minya are totally on point. The quality of Supreme products are superior. Do they warrant the price? That is for the consumer (hypebeast or afficionado) to decide.

BTW think of the US Army, and think whether these basterds select their goods based on quality or price? There are some of wonderful quality, and there are pieces that is complete shit. And don't even get started about the fit.

-pete

--- Original message by starvinglawstudent on Mar 19, 2006 11:47 PM

supreme stuff isn't overpriced in the store, in fact i would almost argue that they're stuff is reasonable to cheap. (obviously that's relative, but under 200 for a high-qual backpack is 'decent', yknow?)

supreme products are super high quality, especially the bags. true, the 19th bag looks a lot like that surplus bag, but its not the same. zip pockets where that has clips, scatterweave, super high quality material, and number one...its made in the us. they retail for $148. its super high quality, burly zippers, everything is on point, so the price is justified. as goes for most of their stuff. what people dont seem to get is that they have no say in what goes on with their product once it leaves their shelves. true, $100 for one of their t shirts is wayyyy too much, but when it was sold in their store for $30, its reasonable.

blame the resellers, not supreme.

BALDERDASH.

Quote: what kind of material is the current US army using for their backpacks and stuff? you think they will start issuing supreme products into their military grade

LMAO

Yeah. Even though troops in Iraq don't have armored vehicles or protective gear, they're rocking the freshest gear from Supreme.

I think I saw a Sargeant rocking a Dipset tee on the news the other day.

Surplus stuff is almost always better quality than anything that is copied and rebranded, especially if it is made for the United States military. All government contracts are very specific about details because of the need for uniformity (it's the military remember). I have a "ammo bag" that I drug through the deserts of Iraq, Kuwait and the jungles of Panama and all the snaps, zippers, attachment points are still in serviceable condition after (since 1989) years of terrible abuse. Additionally, it has more cred in my opinion because it is original and not a hyped item. I guess there are exceptions as there always seem to be.

I personally think Supreme makes the best street gear period.

tell me one other brand makes higher quality backpacks, jackets, sweats than Supreme and is in the

same price range.

even the t-shirts are better than most brands even without the graphics/designs. I just like the cut of their shirts.