fs weatherman black peacoat, size 40

borkborkbork

Hello folks,

I have a peacoat for sale. It's a Weatherman brand coat, made in Canada by Mac-Mor.

Mac-Mor made coats in Canada for over 60 years. Unfortunately, in 2008, under financial pressure, the company moved much of its manufacturing overseas. They never really recovered. They shuttered the business completely last year. This coat, purchased in 2002 at Hudson's Bay in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, was one of the coats made in Canada. It still has the made-in-Canada tag on the inside of the collar.

I've been wearing it pretty regularly since purchasing it. The condition is consistent with it being a daily wearer in cold/long Canadian winters, and the deep black has faded a bit over the past 6 years. I have made two scrappy home-made repairs, neither of which are visible when wearing it. One was for a small tear (about an inch long) on the inside of the collar near the tag, and the other was for a hole in the upper right pocket.

It is surprisingly soft and light for how warm it is. The outer material is a wool melton made of 70% wool, 20% nylon and 10% cashmere. It is double-breasted, with six buttons (with a naval anchor motif on them). The coat has two slash pockets and two flap pockets.

The tagged size is a 40 regular.

Measurements:

Back length (bottom of collar to back hem): 36"

Sleeve length (center of back, over shoulder, to end of cuff): ~35.5"

Width (armpit to armpit, across the back): 25.5"

If you need additional measurements, don't hesitate to ask in a PM.

I am getting rid of this only because I just got a Gloverall duffle coat.

I am looking for $45 incl. shipping to Canada or the US, or best offer, send me a PM.

Some cellphone shots:

2vm6ohl.jpg

2qxz2u9.jpg

2hqare1.jpg

And the technical drawings from the manufacturer:

fjj051.jpg

2qnd4ic.jpg

• 1 month later...