RIP J.D. Salinger

AstroWolf

No words really. He might not have been on the late show every night, or been much of a people person, but he was a king of the written word. Catcher In The Rye is one of the reasons i am who i am today.

I heard he has 15 unpublished books... will be interesting to see what those end up being like.

Also hope to god a good trust is set up so some assholes dont make movies he never wanted made.

"Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be."

"What I was really hanging around for, I was trying to feel some kind of a good-by. I mean I've left schools and places I didn't even know I was leaving them. I hate that. I don't care if it's a sad good-by or a bad good-by, but when I leave a place I like to know I'm leaving it. If you don't, you feel even worse..."

RIP Salinger.

People always think something's all true.

People never notice anything.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron.

Sex is something I really don't understand too hot. You never know where the hell you are. I keep making up these sex rules for myself, and then I break them right away. Last year I made a rule that I was going to quit horsing around with girls that, deep down, gave me a pain in the ass. I broke it, though, the same week I made it - the same night, as a matter of fact.

• 2 weeks later...