So, my friend wants some jeans

I have a friend who claims to be very into his denim, but his idea of premium jeans is Seven and True Religion. He's looking for a new pair of trendy, fitted jeans with a nice fade, and asked me for advice. I don't wanna feed his problem any further, so what can I reccommend to ween him off the junk without scaring him with the whole raw denim thing?

Without meaning to spark any ire, Seven is still considered premium jeans i think, their cuts are spectacular and easy on the eye.

A pair of Nudies for your friend, maybe? There're many washed Nudies in their line, and not particularly expensive. APC also has washed indigo Cures and New Standards.

everyone is entitled to their opinion but i find the men's sevens to be horribly cut and ugly. and the washed nudies cost more than the raw ones and the washes are rather unspectacular.

try to get him into a pair of earnest sewn. the denim is a lot closer to what he seems used to but some of the subtler washes (maz dark 3d) are pretty great and they look way cooler than true religeon or sevens. they have much better cuts than other maintream "premium" brands and the details are not ostentatious. they even make a few styles with half or full selvedge.

even diesel would be better than waht hes wearing now. they also have some styles that would help bridge the gap for your friend.

you must help him see the light but be gentle.

i'm not a mod or a rocker. i'm a mocker.

I second the recommendation on ES and Diesel. And sounds like he probably would like Diesel more coz he won't be able to "show off" the brand with ES as they're pretty subtle, which I love! The RB6's also seem nice... But I've never seen them in person...

For Diesel though, stay away from the overly popular cut and washes, like the Zaf 796...

Edited by ayn on Mar 13, 2006 at 12:37 PM