Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that the Texas cotton stretches less..or more...

The zero shrinks more - after 3 or 4 washes..Texas cotton is done after the first hot soak...

Wait, wait. My other Sams coming are Texas Cotton. Are the USA model Texas Cotton 15 oz XX denim? Cause I'd hate to get two pairs with the same denim.

I did not expect a lot of animosity over my penis thighs =(. But if anyone's interested on a size 31 S5000CX, expect to see them in the supermarket within the next few days. Definitely fit babag a lot better than on me.

Borrowing your pics babag if you don't mind.

img2435ws7.jpg

img2433ou0.jpg

all they are saying is true it all boils down on how your initial soak is .... but on these 710's i sized down 2 from my normal size coudnt button the top 2 buttons at first but after a day of wearing them around the house they stretched out that i could button all up,,, and now after 8 months they sag i need a belt to keep them up.. but everytime i soak or wash them they shrink ( around a half size down) .. for you i suggest you size 1 down

The zero shrinks more - after 3 or 4 washes..Texas cotton is done after the first hot soak...

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this. I soaked my Texas cotton jeans in two changes of water for something like 5 hours the first time and they weren't even close to being finished. They where still shrinking even after my third wash. Granted I was getting fatter but not that much!

all they are saying is true it all boils down on how your initial soak is .... but on these 710's i sized down 2 from my normal size coudnt button the top 2 buttons at first but after a day of wearing them around the house they stretched out that i could button all up,,, and now after 8 months they sag i need a belt to keep them up.. but everytime i soak or wash them they shrink ( around a half size down) .. for you i suggest you size 1 down

I sized down two as well but it was too much for me man. It was like spandex around the ass area. No, like ballerina pants

edmond, i've heard from BiG that the 710's shrink 1 inch after wash and stretch back out even more after wearing, but from others on here that they shrink smaller than tagged size? which one is true? i'm still trying to decide what size to get... :(

No one is lying here. Both can be true. Each waist size does not yield the same measurements. The 32's I got, that should have, according to BIG, been 34 inches in the waist, were only 32.5, half an inch larger than tagged. They definitely weren't a candidate for shrinking to tagged size.

No one is lying here. Both can be true. Each waist size does not yield the same measurements. The 32's I got, that should have, according to BIG, been 34 inches in the waist, were only 32.5, half an inch larger than tagged. They definitely weren't a candidate for shrinking to tagged size.

i agree word that!!!!!:)

I've not got money in my account, so now I can finally replace my canes.

The question is, 510s or 5000VXs?

Do the thighs stretch a lot too, I forgot to ask that last time I posted here, because mine are average sized (23.5") at where the thigh/wataru (or w/e it's called) measurements are normally taken but I do weights and am training for next Rugby season, so they're bound to get a bit bigger.

If they do, I'll probably be getting the 30s, if not, then I'll be getting the 31s just to be safe :)

I'm so glad I finally have the money to get some Sammies now :D Oh, and on second, what's the diference between the 19049324 different types of 510XX?

I've not got money in my account, so now I can finally replace my canes.

The question is, 510s or 5000VXs?

Do the thighs stretch a lot too, I forgot to ask that last time I posted here, because mine are average sized (23.5") at where the thigh/wataru (or w/e it's called) measurements are normally taken but I do weights and am training for next Rugby season, so they're bound to get a bit bigger.

If they do, I'll probably be getting the 30s, if not, then I'll be getting the 31s just to be safe :)

I'm so glad I finally have the money to get some Sammies now :D Oh, and on second, what's the diference between the 19049324 different types of 510XX?

If you're worried about tightness in the thighs...I'd go for the 510's. As far as the differences go, the 510's come in AI natural indigo, a 21oz. version, a 15oz. version (III), a 19oz. version, and a ltd. ed. 15oz. texas cotton. Those are the model available at BiG anyway...there are a few more. More info here.

I'll probably be getting 30" 15oz 510s then :)

I've asked God knows how many times about stretching of the waist, but this will probably be the last time before I purchase some Sams, promise. Wearing 31" 1947Canes that have stretched to about 33.25" (I wear them on my low-waist/upper hip/pelvis area), 30" Sams will probably stretch to around the same and maybe a bit more, since they start off tight, but when they get loose, they get really loose. Right?

I'll probably be getting 30" 15oz 510s then :)

I've asked God knows how many times about stretching of the waist, but this will probably be the last time before I purchase some Sams, promise. Wearing 31" 1947Canes that have stretched to about 33.25" (I wear them on my low-waist/upper hip/pelvis area), 30" Sams will probably stretch to around the same and maybe a bit more, since they start off tight, but when they get loose, they get really loose. Right?

I'll let someone who actually owns that model to suggest something....I'm only useful with clarifying which model is which. ;)

I promote gimmegimme to Samurai Guru.....

I asked you about the fit of the S0500s a couple pages back, you suggested some 710's in a larger size...

I was hesitant as the fit was weird when raw.. I washed em this morning, they shrunk to the point where the top 3 buttons could not be done. Now they are almost perfect, and i think by the end of the week they will be my favorite jeans..

Just a big thanks.. and all serious fit questions should be directed toward gimmegimme...

thanks again..

I'll let someone who actually owns that model to suggest something....I'm only useful with clarifying which model is which. ;)
Oookey dokey. I'll wait until then, after that I'll finally get my Sammies ordered!

I'm starting to feel urky wearing my Canes.

i have s510 21 ozs. im not sure if the stretching in the two different weights is different or not, but do you plan on wearing a belt and wearing them on your waist? i do, and thus they only stretch when i want them too, that is, if i ever feel like loosening my belt..

i missed the previous discussion on this, but for what its worth im really liking my 510s, the cut is a golden one i think

Need a little help, whats the general consensus with regards to the S710xx. Size down? Size Up? Or true to size?

I sized down from my true waist (31") to a size 30 like most of my other jeans. These are very snug in the waist at first and then stretches nicely.