Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

chnage it after the first hour just keep adding hot water to keep the soak warm use really hot almost boiling water.,( put leather conditioner and mink oil on the patch before soaking)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it's a bit like comparing apples and oranges, I'm still convinced that the 510 is way baggier. I wear SD-103s and Svens regularly. The SDs are a tad more roomy everywhere in the legs than the Svens. Now if you look at this table of measurements by Blue in Green, you can see that SD-103s are quite a bit slimmer than 510s - and even a bit slimmer than 5000s.

measurementcomparewebjt8.jpg

So either I'm a complete idiot.. or this table is off.. or you two are wrong. ;)

Either the S0500 or S5000 should be closer to the Svens in terms of leg room. The 510s (from what I can tell from the measurements) are way baggier and not a good comparison.

my 510s after a hot soak and hot wash, not that baggy if u ask me

[/url]img3162he0.th.jpg

chnage it after the first hour just keep adding hot water to keep the soak warm use really hot almost boiling water.,( put leather conditioner and mink oil on the patch before soaking)

Will it dry up too much if I don't? Why do use both and not just one?

Hot washing is the new soaking.

I'd consider washing them but won't that make them lighter than if I soak them? Do you do a normal timed wash? About the lightening issue... I think you or someone else said they tend to get darker after the wash/soak.

^^ dunno if it helps but, I soaked my s0500's for about an hour or two then threw them in the machine for a good hot wash, very minimal if any at all color is lost on these jeans. Go for the hot wash it will get a lot of the shrinkage maybe even all of it out of the way in the begining.

^^ dunno if it helps but, I soaked my s0500's for about an hour or two then threw them in the machine for a good hot wash, very minimal if any at all color is lost on these jeans. Go for the hot wash it will get a lot of the shrinkage maybe even all of it out of the way in the begining.

Can you say the same about the lack of color loss for 710's?

Thanks for the help. What's the general consensus on most practical and successful objects to hold denim down during soaks?

personally I use a feather or a sheet of tissue.

Beware, if you use the wrong object, you won't get honeycombs!

Okay...so you run down the street to Japan and try on a pair of 510's...actually...bring them home and soak them first...and then report back.

Now go.

It would be easier for you to try on a pair of Svens. But perhaps this was meant as a joke?

my 510s after a hot soak and hot wash, not that baggy if u ask me

img3162he0.th.jpg

i sure do i posted em in the how do jeans fit thread

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=663803&postcount=1429

They're not that baggy, but they're obviously more relaxed than Svens.

New Sams on the BiG site S5000CX, S7000VX One Eyed Dragon and the SM5000GT-A. There is no measurements on them, anyone have descriptions as to the fits?

Descriptions/links here. The sizes they have are pretty limited though...wasn't someone asking about a size 38 somewhere???

What's up with the S5000CX, is it grey?

They're khaki-ish...pics here.

It would be easier for you to try on a pair of Svens. But perhaps this was meant as a joke? They're not that baggy, but they're obviously more relaxed than Svens.

Yes, I was joking...this topic is getting old now though....he can go talk to the boys on mynudies.com if he wants more info.