Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd only wear a belt if they stretch to the point where they start to sit at my actual hips (as in the widest point below the belly). Otherwise they should hopefully sit at the top of my pelvis which measures at about 33"

if you dont want to wear a belt and your hips are 33" id say go with a 31 or 32 waist

went by Big this weekend, saw a sample of the USA model, the back pocket linings actually have the samurai arcs sewed onto it. I guess with enough wears the imprint of the arcs will show through, very cool detail.

Did you order some yet? They don't start production until we buy them all. Go go go!

Hmmm would that mean that the arcs would transfer onto the pockets, like the puma arcs on the Puma X Evisu jeans? :D

Here is a new collaboration: D-Stock X Samurai (S5000vx cut) Pre-orders also being taken.

img55303192.jpg

I didn't see a seperate thread, so here goes. I'm going to pre-order the BiG collab, but I don't know what size I should get. I wear a 36 it lot 9 510's (along with Eternal 872's and Oni Reds). I tried on a pair of 36 5000's at BiG, and they were waist-shatteringly tight, and I couldn't actually get them all the way up and buttoned. I don't know if this is due to the lot 10's running small, or the slimmer fit if the 5000.

So my question is, should I get a 36 or 38 in the BiG jeans? I'm leaning strongly towards the 38's, but I wanted some expert advice. Also, how much does the denim used for these shrink? My 510's have continued to shrink the the inseam after three soaks and a machine wash. Should I get these hemmed to my normal 31 inseam, or maybe a half an inch to an inch longer?

Sorry the the long question. Thanks the any help.

I didn't see a seperate thread, so here goes. I'm going to pre-order the BiG collab, but I don't know what size I should get. I wear a 36 it lot 9 510's (along with Eternal 872's and Oni Reds). I tried on a pair of 36 5000's at BiG, and they were waist-shatteringly tight, and I couldn't actually get them all the way up and buttoned. I don't know if this is due to the lot 10's running small, or the slimmer fit if the 5000.

So my question is, should I get a 36 or 38 in the BiG jeans? I'm leaning strongly towards the 38's, but I wanted some expert advice. Also, how much does the denim used for these shrink? My 510's have continued to shrink the the inseam after three soaks and a machine wash. Should I get these hemmed to my normal 31 inseam, or maybe a half an inch to an inch longer?

Sorry the the long question. Thanks the any help.

What size aer your 510's? Typically, sizing down 1 would be safe, because they'll stretch. I ordered true-to-size because I wanted them to sit a bit lower. I guess it all depends on what sort of look you're going for.

I've never had to hem my jeans because I have beanpole legs...someone else can advise on that.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Gordon didn't put that little detail in the back pockets that was only for the sample pair. He couldn't take the risk with all of the levis lawsuits.

Gordon told me to size down 1...but someone with a pair of 505's would definitely know best.

I'm wondering if I should call and change my order from a 35 to a 34. I couldn't button the top button of raw size 34, but in my size 36 PBJ-007s I can fit both fists between my waist and waistband. Bleh, stupid decisions.

Also, how much does the denim used for these shrink? My 510's have continued to shrink the the inseam after three soaks and a machine wash. Should I get these hemmed to my normal 31 inseam, or maybe a half an inch to an inch longer?

I don't have 510s so I can't compare, but I do have 505s and 500s. I can say that the 505s are definitely a tighter weave than the Texas cotton 500s. Due to the tigher weave they seem to shrink down a bit faster. I've hot soaked the 505s twice, and just recently I machine washed them, but they didn't really shrink that much more after the second hot soak. I think if you got the OXS service the shrinking would be out of the way almost entirely.

I'm wondering if I should call and change my order from a 35 to a 34. I couldn't button the top button of raw size 34, but in my size 36 PBJ-007s I can fit both fists between my waist and waistband. Bleh, stupid decisions.

I ignored Gordon's advice and got true-to-size.

I don't have 510s so I can't compare, but I do have 505s and 500s. I can say that the 505s are definitely a tighter weave than the Texas cotton 500s. Due to the tigher weave they seem to shrink down a bit faster. I've hot soaked the 505s twice, and just recently I machine washed them, but they didn't really shrink that much more after the second hot soak. I think if you got the OXS service the shrinking would be out of the way almost entirely.

Did you size down on your 505's?

What size aer your 510's? Typically, sizing down 1 would be safe, because they'll stretch. I ordered true-to-size because I wanted them to sit a bit lower. I guess it all depends on what sort of look you're going for.

I've never had to hem my jeans because I have beanpole legs...someone else can advise on that.

My 510's are a 36. Like I said though, I'm leaning strongly towards a 38. I'm thinking if they're a little big I can just use the cinch back to tighten the waist a little.

Yeah, I'd get the OSX. I might like a bit more stacking on these, so I'm thinking maybe a 31.5.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Gordon didn't put that little detail in the back pockets that was only for the sample pair. He couldn't take the risk with all of the levis lawsuits.

Sorry, but what detail? Are you saying the final version wont have the red pockets?

It was posted a little further up in the thread, there were supposed to be arcs stitched into the back pockets on the inside between the red and the denim, but sadly so they will not be available on the final version, just plain back pockets with the red material on the inside.

hey guys. i just bought some Sam s5000bk's, should be here in a day or two :D

so i did a search and lurked some threads about washing, but didn't really find what i was looking for. i'm in college dorms, so i don't have a bathtub to soak them in. what should i do? and from my reading/understanding, a hot soak will get the most shrinkage, right? and after the soak should i wash them as well, or should i just skip the soak and do the wash? i'm looking for most if not all of the shrinkage to be gone with the least color fade.

thanks for the help!!

soak it in whatever will fit the jeans. sink, tupperware/rubbermade container (the bigger clothes sized ones not the food containers) and then i would hot wash them in the washer after and inside out to minimize fading

gimmegimme, thanks for replying to my post earlier about the jins. They arrived today, I washed and dried them, freaked out about excessive shrinkage but then pulled on the hems and they turned out ok. Went for a walk in town while they were still wet. Here's a crappy pic to show what the fit's like (you guys know what the details look like on new samurais anyway) I'm quite satisfied!

show.php?image=458031001192605137

The same size. So 34 in 710s for you.

Yeah, wouldn't they stretch a crazy amount? And the Dukes are pre-shrunk/sanforized, so they won't stretch as much as the 710xx (hence size down in the 710xx)? Sorry for the questions, have to make sure on the sizing when buying online :)

Just looking through the fit thread, and 5000VXs look like they're the perfect (as my opinion stands at the moment)

ARGH, why can't I decide. I can normally pick like that, but with these, I'm really struggling. If the thighs on the 5000s at 30" were a bit bigger, I'd probably get them, but at the measurements up on 2nd, my thighs wouldn't be too comfortable. Unless they stretch like a 2cm or so (for that little bit of leway)