FAKE PRPS ON EBAY - A CALL TO ARMS

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think these those are 1 of 2 of the only real pairs on eBay. Well, the pic seems to be of a real pair now if thats what you actually recieve will remain to be seen... If they were 38's I would test the theory.... and if they were fake... I would get them shut down too... :)

I real pair of PRPS jeans is a true thing of beauty.........

MrSeventeenFive

There are 20 less pairs of Fake PRPS on eBay today!!!!... I guess every is reporting the fakers.... That's awesome!

btw I picked up a pair of the new patchwork PRPS (lightish indigo, awesome stitching, a patch on knee) from Unsteady (619 446 6682) they are insane and amazing!!! They BURY these fake POS. I'll post a pic.....

MrSeventeenFive

I HOPE EVERYONE IS HEEDING MY EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT ADVICE, AND NOT LETTING THE COUNTERFEITERS KNOW ABOUT WHAT DETAILS ARE OFF ON THEIR FAKES. THEY WILL JUST GO BACK AND MAKE THEM EVEN MORE AUTHENTIC LOOKING. SO PLEASE, HEED MY UNBELIEVABLY HELPFUL ADVICE THAT ONLY I THOUGHT OF, AND BE SAFE, BUT ALSO BE EXTREMELY SMART.

Hey sleep...

Props on the use of caps and ubercaps..... I would say you were right if we were talking about a semi-mainstream brand that imports thousands of jeans into the US that you can get at most retailers. (Diesel, Seven, True Religion) But PRPS only brings in a very limited run into the US (100's) so most people who buy the fakes will never get to see a real pair in person, so us talking about the fakes and what to avoid is the best way to help consumers not get screwed.

If people stop buying fakes then sellers will stop selling them (simple supply and demand) and if we keep reporting the fake sellers it will most likely lead to the suppliers and at some point to possibly stopping the whole thing.

Do not argue my logic, my force is too strong... ;)

MrSeventeenFive

UM, HEY MORON, IM NOT TALKING ABOUT WHAT GETS MENTIONED HERE ON THE FORUM. IM SAYING DONT TELL THE SELLERS WHO PEDDLE THE FAKE SHIT WHY THEIR STUFF LOOKS FAKE. YOUVE OBVIOUSLY DONE THIS. AND ITS REALLY STUPID. THEYRE GOING TO FIX THE SHIT YOUVE POINTED OUT AND MAKE THEM LOOK EVEN MORE AUTHENTIC. SO HAVE A BRAIN, QUIT BEING STUBBORN ABOUT YOUR STUPIDITY AND HEED MY AWESOME ADVICE.

MY LOGIC RULES. YOU LOSE.

but instead of taking my advice, youre going to come back with some bullshit post just trying to be antagonistic, cause you want to be the fake PRPS AUTHEORITY on here, and anyone who offers advice that makes you look stupid youre going to be offended by. SORRY KID, YOURE NOT THE FAKE PRPS AUTHORITY, QUIT PROTECTING YOUR EGO AND JUST ADMIT THAT MY ADVICE RULES AND U SHOULDVE THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE ME. BUT NO, YOU WONT, YOURE GOING TO MAKE SOME ANTAGONISTIC RESPONSE THAT MAKES NO SENSE AND TRY TO ACT LIKE THE FAKE PRPS AUTHORITY. lol

Wrap your head around this one.... :)

Your here... so you prolly have some PRPS, so everyone in the thread and on this site must have some similar intrests and what not.... I was only trying to share some info from someone who most likley spent the most on fake and real prps in the past month......... For better or worse (for you maybe, hmm) there are less fakes on eBay now after this thread... so how about we just be friends?

Caps don't work on me....

MrSeventeenFive

maybe im cynical but does anyone else think its a bit suss that this mr seventeen five joined only 4 days ago and 19 out of his 20 posts are all on this thread and he hes so over the top with this fake prps on ebay thing? vested interest anyone? i fully expect to be shouted down by the said mr seventeen five in the next post.

Quote: Why don't ebay and/or PRPS shut them down?

if you took out all the fake stuff from ebay, their revenue would fall quite drasticly. also, they don't give a dam, mostly cause they know that it would be really expensive to check everything and take out the fake and also, almost impossible. right now, Tiffany is suing ebay cause they say ebay don't do anything to prevent counterfeit from being sold and if they win their case, ebay will have to totally change the way the site is working. there was a really good article in the New York Times and the IHT about it if you're interested (i would give you the link, but you have to pay for it and i don't know my password and account # for TimeSelect).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...