FAKE PRPS ON EBAY - A CALL TO ARMS

Hello..

I have been to retailers and have contacted PRPS regarding the Fake PRPS jeans on eBay. Basicly every pair is fake.. All of the flat tags (noncrumpled) are fake as hell!..... There are so many more details that are off I could write a book on it. Just stay away from eBay for PRPS to be safe. There are more PRPS jeans on eBay than PRPS did in their entire production run. Please dont get dooped save your money up and buy from a authorized retailer.. You can find many on this site....

Also, if you have been screwed by someone selling you fake PRPS on eBay or anyhere else you can contact the company directly and hopefully help get the sellers and the fake ass supplier shut down. Give them the eBay ID, emails, phone # Addy, anything you got... We can squash this.. There are only a handful of fake sellers out there right now so let's dead this before it gets out of hand.......

Here is the company info off the site:

PRPS

31 West 34th Street

Suite 401

New York, NY 10018

Tele: 212-563-4999

Fax: 212-268-2980

Email: [email protected]

I got screwed for 3 pairs from eBay seller juke8502... I got my money back so I bought the real thing and so happy for it!!! I am just a pissed off Denim head who likes PRPS and hates fake ass biters..... We pay premium dollars for premium denim and fakes just devalue our jeans.....

MrSeventeenFive

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been talkin abt this for a while now, but what are the identifying features for the fake ones, and the real deal.

I have seen a couple of real ones on ebay circulated amongst the whole lot of fake ones. Tell us what you know. Thanks.

Edited by jaberz on Mar 10, 2006 at 10:30 PM

Here is what I got right now... It's a paste from a email I sent to the fakie seller.... When I refer to MINE those are the fakes (both Charcoal and Blue, yes my dumbass bought both)

1. Poly Bag - The real ones have a decorated purple PRPS logo and also have tissue with the PRPS logo on it and these came plain sealed bag.

2. Hanging PRPS Tag - The real ones have an old crumpled tag and these have a flat new one.

3. PRPS Tag on jeans - The real ones have a thick leather PRPS tag in the back and these have a thin pleather like tag.

4. Paint on Buttons and rivets - The real ones had chips and age marks on the buttons and rivels on every pair of PRPS jeans they had in the store, mine look brand new. Real PRPS jeans have rivets that have a small hole on the inside of the jean (think donut) and fakes are smooth backed.

5. Wash and Distressing - The real ones all had a truly unique wash and distressing of the jeans, all of the pairs I bought (blue and charcoal) have virtually the same washes and distress points.

Long story short if you got them on eBay, from any swap meet or paid less than abour $200 you prolly got fakes. Turn their asses in they took your money and are ruining the brand!

Mr. SeventeenFive

I agree with all your observations aswell. I got duped 4 times before I finally got the real thing off ebay, and it cost me more but it sure is so damn worth it cause the fake ones just look..well..fake! (and who knows what might happen to the dye if you happen wash them).

one observation that I can add is that the fake ones that I bought and returned didnt that have that obvious crisscross stitching on their fade that are on the PRPS and other high end denim washes. And the fade on those fakes went all the way to the bottom of my shins!

The Charcoal fakes were even more obvious and even more disgusting than the blue ones!!

And the damn pleather tag is a for sure giveaway for a fake one! If it it thin and looks white around the edges it might as well be paper.

What a joke!

ebay counterfeiters are the doodoo encrusted on the squishy soles of my 80s era velcro nikes. but i dont think its a good idea to email those guys and tell them all the details that are off on their fakes. theyre just going to go back and fix all the details and make them look more authentic next time. so i'd recommend not informing the fakers of whats fake looking on their crummy products, just report them.

The prps on ebay look very good for fakes. All the little details of the jeans are there. But the one thing that always bugged me regarding the autheticity of the ebay prps jeans was the back tag. It totally looks thin and pleather-like. The white edges on the back-label are not seen on the real jeans, which are made of nice genuine leather.

Once again, I agree, and I agree. They look quite alike accept the real deal except for the pleather tag and the wash. You might not see it in photos (because for one reason, they don't want you too!), but the wash doesnt show an obvious criss-crossing to their fade, and extends way below the knee.

I think they are fakies too... The hanging tag looks like they crumpled it by hand as opposed to distressing like the jeans, but my biggest issue is that paper thin pleather tag.

I would pass......

The last thing you ever want on your body is fake shit...... I heard that fake jeans can make you sterile ;) hehe

Be safe...

Fuck Fakers!!

Mr. SeventeenFive

These are two shops that I have personally dealt with and are known to have 100% authentic goods... PRPS, you name it....

1. San Diego - Unsteady - 619-446-6682

Great shop in East Village downtown SD.

2. Chicago - Leaders1354.com - 773-285-7067

Ask for TY they ship across the US and are just damn good people.

Tell them Mr. SeventeenFive sent you!

Don't Support Fakes!

I think 99% of the PRPS stuff on eBay are either throwaways that someone snagged or near perfect fakes (not because of construction, but because no one sells anything for that much less than the wholesale cost)

Take a look at:

http://www.beinghunted.com/v40/features/2005/prps/index.html

and click on Product Details, use the arrow in the top corner to move thru the pics.

Some points people have made about these fakes are:

Inside of the rivets are smooth

On the third pic in, it shows smooth rivets, and further on it also shows rivets with holes in them.

the purple tag on the bottom of the back pocket isn't flush with the side of the pocket

As you can see, for different models, the purple tag has a different placement.

There should be two waist snaps, not three

The one shot of the waist, it shows three, as well as this pic from cmonwealth.com

http://www.cmonwealth.com/products/prps/dirty/dirty-front.jpg

Actually, the charcoal ones at cmonwealth

http://www.cmonwealth.com/products/prps/prps-charcoal/prps-charcoal-front.jpg

Show three, while the ones at newton look like they have only 2

http://img03.shop-pro.jp/PA01003/624/product/621239_o2.jpg

Im sure commonwealth is legit, and newton store has a ton of different styles (some that JUST came out)...so im not sure whats up there.

And now that im looking even closer between these two stores, the patches on the back are different as well:

http://www.cmonwealth.com/products/prps/prps-charcoal/prps-charcoal-back.jpg

http://img03.shop-pro.jp/PA01003/624/product/621239_o3.jpg

hrm...

The graphic on the back patch is wrong (ie, cherub instead of african guy)

Each model has a different leather patch.

This pic shows a patch fraphic thats consistant with the ones on eBay.

http://www.cmonwealth.com/products/prps/dirty/dirty-back.jpg

Now the tag not being crumpled...i dont know. thats why Im leaning towards them being cosmetic seconds. at $50 from $300, somethings up, if it looks too good to be true..

If they are fakes, theyre near perfect. And if they can offer them at 1/6th the price that PRPS does and STILL make a profit, its PRPS's price point that should be in question. Even if the denim isnt the same quality, finishing isnt as nice etc. i doubt that makes up for 5/6ths the retail price.

Now that said, i still wont be buying any of them off eBay for $40.

Edited by culture on Mar 11, 2006 at 01:40 PM

not seconds.... not irregulars that should of went to TJMAXX or Marshalls (haha)... Crappy BS swapmeet made from spit and glue china fakies..... These eBay PRPS jeans are 100% total fakes.... I have spoke to PRPS both the Brand Manager and Head of Intlectual property. (I am obessed with PRPS I guess)

This little buzz we created has got even a few of these fuckbags to pull off thier fake PRPS from eBay. The may sound silly to some but I think so could dead this whole thing within a few weeks, before it becomes rampant. There are only like 64 pairs on eBay right now and I think 63 are fake.. (there MAY be a real one-rinse dark indigo on there) If we make these sellers lifes misible we can make this not profitable for them and they can go back to faking Diesel, Red Monkey, or some other BS jean.

Make accts... Set high bids... give bad feedback.... They will stop.... Believe you me :)

That's my .02.... Spend it...

MrSeventeenFive

Haha, ive done that low-buy it now, high-shipping thing too. who wants to pay eBay $20 on top of their listing fees and paypal fees?

Im betting those one wash are real, which is why hes got only 1.

Edited by culture on Mar 11, 2006 at 02:00 PM

Quote:

not seconds.... not irregulars that should of went to TJMAXX or Marshalls (haha)... Crappy BS swapmeet made from spit and glue china fakies..... These eBay PRPS jeans are 100% total fakes.... I have spoke to PRPS both the Brand Manager and Head of Intlectual property. (I am obessed with PRPS I guess)

This little buzz we created has got even a few of these fuckbags to pull off thier fake PRPS from eBay. The may sound silly to some but I think so could dead this whole thing within a few weeks, before it becomes rampant. There are only like 64 pairs on eBay right now and I think 63 are fake.. (there MAY be a real one-rinse dark indigo on there) If we make these sellers lifes misible we can make this not profitable for them and they can go back to faking Diesel, Red Monkey, or some other BS jean.

Make accts... Set high bids... give bad feedback.... They will stop.... Believe you me :)

That's my .02.... Spend it...

MrSeventeenFive

--- Original message by MrSeventeenFive on Mar 11, 2006 01:53 PM

what are some examples that shows theyre fakes and not seconds?

thx minya..... They have in-house counsel on it like white on rice.... This is the owner's (who also owns Akademiks, deep pockets) pet project so I don't think they are taking this too lightly....

Let all be warned.. If you fake it someone WILL knock on your door and take it!!!...... That goes for any faker/any brand..... You know who you are.....

MrSeventeenFive

btw has anyone heard the Vans song... Bananas.......

Yo MrSeveteenFive I found what I think is a real one here. Take a look at the tag on them(supersize them if you must) but they have that dimply leather of the genuine ones I have on my orginal PRPS. Then take a look at the tag on the fake ones (Pay special attention to the white edges, indicating that they are not leather!).

This is what the one-wash tag should look like if they are real:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GENUINE-PRPS-FADED-DARK-INDIGO-32W-31L-NWTs_W0QQitemZ7749988466QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(I think you can even see a price tag in one of the pictures)

Qusetionable ones:

http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=9566

The tag dog. It's all in that damn tag.

Edited by jaberz on Mar 11, 2006 at 03:27 PM

Edited by jaberz on Mar 11, 2006 at 03:40 PM

hey MrSeventeenFive, i am also one of those poor bastards who are unsure of the authenticity of their prps denim. could you post a few ultra close-up pics of the leather tag? thats the only area my pair dont seem to be matching up. i have the crumpled tag, doughnut rivets, etc. thanks.

In my past life I was a biblical times savor, in this day and age I'm a political sign waver.

About the pricing, I was at Holt Renfrew a few weeks back, which i'm assuming carries real PRPS, and they were selling them all off for about 100 bucks a pair....

So the real ones didn't sell, and the fakers thought PRPS was gonna be the next big thing and so tried to cash in on it, but I guess they're out of luck if the real ones can't even sell for the same price as the fake ones.

nairb49