need suggestions for black denim for work

bobdazzla

Dear Denim Gentlemen:

I want to pick up a nice slim pair of black jeans for work, like pair them up with some pointed oxfords and a tie and everything. I'm looking for a pair that is ALL black, no distressed washes or anything (preferably not raw denim either, but that is negotiable), and no different colored threading, and very little logoing, as I'm trying to keep this as "professional" looking as possible.

I'd also like a really slim cut throughout, with a straight leg, or even better "skinny leg" cut (like an 8" opening on the leg).

I've been looking at the JulianRed Hoboken "Black Bullet", but I'd prefer something without a leg as tapered... maybe a fit similar to a Nudies Slim Jim (which I'd pickup in a heartbeat except for the orange threading and backpockets). any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. After some googling I haven't been able to find any rag&bones or nudie black/black onlines, so I think I'm going to go with the APC new standards. Unfortunately, overdyed black in my size is completely sold out on their website... gonna try calling them to see if they're ever expecting a restock. Thanks again.

yeah flame, those would be ideal for me, but I have no idea where to get SJ's in that wash online... I dunno which retail stores you can get nudies at here in the United States (San Diego), especially in a less-common (I presume) wash like black/black, so I think I'm out of luck and will have to stick with apc...

Guest Fade to Black

Hmm...in this case you're probably best off getting a pair of solid black jeans in gabardine fabric...Dior Homme has a nice black gabardine jean, a bit pricey. I think Acne also has more or less the same pair of pants at a much lower price, i think it's called the 'Cash' style.

Jorriblyjollyjinx, actually I really considered the max cash, but couldn't find any available online. Are you sure they're the same fit as the JulianRed hoboken? From the few pictures I've seen, it looks like the cash have a wider leg opening than the hoboken...

http://62.181.215.102/media/ss06_lookbook_j.html

(max cash is a few rows down)

vs.

http://www.julianredjeans.com/

(third from the right, first row)

Maybe its just because the insteam on the max cash is much longer, but the hobokens still look more tapered too me. Would you agree, or are my eyes decieving me? Obviously, I have never owned either pair, so I'm just judging based on these images and could easily be wrong.

I've tried to do my research with all these denim, both from threads here on the forum and from the jean manufactuer's websites... but it's still pretty difficult to find the perfect fit without trying them all on.

I'm still heavily leaning towards the APC NS's. Are these similar in fit to the Acne Max Cash and/or the Julian Red Hoboken?