Raw denim in summer....who is dedicated enough to tough it out???

damnIam

Just wondering if there is anyone out there from the south that would wear raw denim in the summer. I have one project that won't be done before it get hotter than shit down here and I would like to think they would be perfect by next winter but...I don't know if I have what it takes?

Guest Berget__

I definatly do it. Even though Sweden isnt the hottest country on earth our summers can still be pretty warm.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

The weather in the UK and in Sweden is not comparable to that in the southern parts of the US.

I hated going outside in New Orleans last summer. I believe the temperature was over 40*C most days.

I wouldn't wear jeans in that weather, but I will be wearing my jeans in the Swedish summer.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Mar 9, 2006 at 08:28 AM

Quote:

I wore a pair of Evisu for almost every day in 6 weeks in Cambodia, Thailand and Laos... They get a little nasty on the inside but you get used to it. I think the only bad part is putting them on just after you showered.... yuck.

--- Original message by Heartworm on Mar 9, 2006 08:31 AM

could not agree more....the after shower thing is tough to get around.

Quote:
Quote:

I wore a pair of Evisu for almost every day in 6 weeks in Cambodia, Thailand and Laos... They get a little nasty on the inside but you get used to it. I think the only bad part is putting them on just after you showered.... yuck.

--- Original message by Heartworm on Mar 9, 2006 08:31 AM

could not agree more....the after shower thing is tough to get around.

--- Original message by damnIam on Mar 9, 2006 08:34 AM

Don't change, don't wash. No mucky feeling :)

man... i just cant wear shorts unless im swimming... altho ive heard that stf are good for swimming since they shrink in the water, and conform to your body.... so i dont even see a reason for shorts...

my shins are fucked from skating tho... maybe thats why i cant stand em, my shits ugly

denim is the new crack

yeah, i skated all through my childhood outside of tampa and there was no way i would ever fucking wear shorts. I felt so vulnerable, i banged the shit out of my shins enough, i had shin guards on and still had to get stitches on my right shin

anyways, it shouldnt be too bad, AIR THEM OUT!!!! if you air them out after every wear i cant imagine them getting that bad.

I wore raw last summer and it was fucking hot and humid in september, very humid

btw the humidity percentage is a measure of how saturated the air is with water vapour. 100% humidity means that the air cannot hold anymore water

Edited by lyingonyourdriveway on Mar 9, 2006 at 12:54 PM

i will probably wear raw denim in the summer..maybe after a few days... flip the jeans inside out and leave it out in the sun to get rid of the smell...

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

I would. I'd need to febreeze the jeans every once in a while though.

I'm like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin'

Guest Fade to Black

I wore raw jeans all last summer when I was in Hong Kong...I think it rarely gets hotter than that. To give you an idea of how hot it is in HK during the peak summer months, basically you can die just from being outside.

Edited by Fade to Black on Mar 9, 2006 at 07:19 PM

What is it about jeans that makes them so much better for skating in?

I think it's a mental thing. It's not like it hurts any less when your board hits your shin if you're wearing jeans.

Anyway, I've been wearing jeans in the summer my whole life. The only time I wear shorts is when I swim or run.

And it gets mad humid where I'm at in the summer.

Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado