New brand

macmxbmw

Okay so - I bought some Von Dutch stuff a long time ago, then that became overly popular, so I don't wear it anymore. Now I've bought some Bape stuff, which is still cool, since no one here in Denmark knows about it yet, which was also the case with Von D back when I bought it. But now I'm looking for some new brands. Need something new and cool.

Any ideas on where I should start?

Thanx,

Mc.

Yeah, I love Evisu too. But it's all been a bit played, but is still cool. I don't want anything that people have in DK though.

Andy - Jeg har købt mit Bape gear i deres Tokyo butikker Bape Exclusive (Aoyama), Nowhere (Harajuku) osv.

Desuden har jeg lige bestilt 2 par Icecreams fra www.wallace-store.com

Skynd dig hvis du skal have nogle.

Hvis vi skal tale mere sÃ¥ send mig en mail [email protected] eller add mig pÃ¥ Messenger ved samme email.

Quote:

Yeah, I love Evisu too. But it's all been a bit played, but is still cool. I don't want anything that people have in DK though.

Andy - Jeg har købt mit Bape gear i deres Tokyo butikker Bape Exclusive (Aoyama), Nowhere (Harajuku) osv.

Desuden har jeg lige bestilt 2 par Icecreams fra www.wallace-store.com

Skynd dig hvis du skal have nogle.

Hvis vi skal tale mere sÃ¥ send mig en mail [email protected] eller add mig pÃ¥ Messenger ved samme email.

--- Original message by macmxbmw on Dec 7, 2004 06:22 AM

Look *touche* on branding us all trend victims because you're right, if we're here then it stands to reason that we are to some degree label whores.

But I don't judge what I like and dislike based on if the name brand has become passe, but rather on if their sense of style and imagination has become passe. Something you obviously don't do as evidenced by your above Evisu comment, or by your previous Von Dutch comment. In the years since Von Dutch started have they even remotley changed their sense of style?? No!! It's been the same corny shit since day one... you liked it then, why not like it now? Just because you now see to many people wearing it and thus you label it "corny'? Guess what? Von Dutch has always been weak corny going way way back to when Urban Outfitters used to carry them and stock them on the half off racks. Knowing the right time to stop wearing your von dutch trucker cap doesn't translate into keen fashion sense.

I agree. But the way the clothes are worn is a part of the brand. whether you like it or not.

I don't have a keen sense of fashion, because then I wouldn't be starting this thread. i'm quite new to this side of clothing and am just looking for some links to clothes that might catch my interest. The only sense of fashion I have is what I like and don't like - I have no idea what is cool and not cool, or what will be cool in the future.

I liked Von Dutch beacuse I thought the design was cool and because it was made by two Danes. Nothing more. I like Bape because Nigo takes atvantage of people like me, and the youth of Tokyo/Japan, only for his own good, and I think that's cool.

I am an avant garde brandchild, and however many people know more about everything than I do, I feel confortable in the here and now, in my small world in Denmark, which is what makes me happy here and now.

But I totally agree with you.

However I wasn't putting down Evisu. " I love Evisu, but it's all been played a bit" I meant, not that evisu was played, but that pretty much whichever brand you choose, some people will called it played and some couldn't care less. I am mearly a consumer.

PS: I haven't ever owned a Von D cap or even a t shirt, just their jeans.

You are totally right about everything you say. And I am sure you probably know much more than me about streetwise fashion. (No sarcasme here).

So give me some tips and I'll be glad.

However I know of some custom bikes that Pharrel Williams had made, by some friends of mine in NYC, and have a few pictures aswell, so I am probably a little bit streetwise. (-;

Or is that superficial as well?

Edited by macmxbmw on Dec 7, 2004 at 02:44 PM

Young and stupid, you are obsolutly right. May not be the best forum to admit stuff like that, but I figured I might aswell be honest from the start. However I am on the road to recovery.

Yeah I have been a big fan of Brooklyn for many years, and got these two bikes. Mini Link nr. 11 and Streetsweeper XL (There was made 4 of these and Rodney Smith, the man behind Zoo York, owns one of the other 4.)

it may too late to say this, since thread has taken a 180 turn. But the bike culture does serve as a visual to my point on originality. Ultimately, words like cool and fashionable, mean honestly expressing yourself. It is easy for me to put on something I saw on TV or in a mag, and be cocky, But expressing yourself honestly, not lying to others or yourself, that my friends is very hard to do on a consistent basis.

So....How's your girl?

DOLO...

BMW is this ill crew of heads in BK that make thier own bikes, actually it's a company now.

They did a collab with Supreme like 8 years ago. There's random talk of another round but, who knows.

MAC...

Cruisers are the best. I love the larger frame, plain comfort...

I whip a Haro and it's heavy as fuck. No time/patience/money to build a bike.

Then again no one in LA rides...all cars, all day.

SHIT IS WACK

Edited by JUPAFETT on Dec 8, 2004 at 12:36 PM

Cruisers are cool, but some of them are sometime too pimped out you know?

I personally have ridden BMX, Motocross, and do mountain bikes now. The bikes that Brooklyn made for Pharrel could definitly be used as a cruiser. There look soo great. One is shark-fin blue and the other is pearl white, both with chrome parts. However they, like all off BMW's bikes, are 4130 cromo steel, and heavy as hell for most people, and add 7 inches of travel in the rear and most people will have a hard time pedalling them. Mind you both bikes cost something around 5000 USD a piece. Not for the faint hearted.

Just be glad it's not one of their TMX bikes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=66160

Edited by macmxbmw on Dec 8, 2004 at 01:37 PM

Edited by macmxbmw on Dec 8, 2004 at 01:43 PM