Bad Fairy Hoodie

whizz

For my latest project in my Pre-Degree in Art & Design the theme was fractured Fairy Tales. Now I won't bore you with all the details and how I got to making these but basically I made three fucked up looking, bald dolls with wings. The dolls were one of my final pieces.

dsc05786qn.jpg

Basically, inspired by these dolls I created a hoodie. And in particular, inspired by the doll above. It's come and really well and i've picked up on a few things on the doll, like the word hurt across her stomach and up on her chest. Now I know a lot of you will draw comparisons to Bape here but I did the eyes on the side of the hood to make it obviously look like the dolls head. There's also some news print on the hoodie here and there...

img23581ql.jpg

...I also added the wings on the back of the hoodie.

img23547dn.jpg

I wasn't going to put it into production or even make one-off replicas of it, but i've had a good response from people that I might make a limited run of around 5 hoodies. I just wanted to know what you all thought of it? I know everyone at Super Future is honest and very critical so hit me with your worst.

Parent of one baby Orangutan - Hsiao Ning, aged 2 years old.

I like the eyes, and the newspaper text on the front. If you keep the word "hurt", I would make the font smaller and move it somewhere else .. maybe on like the upper right side of the back, instead of the wings.

The kid with the most knoweldge

Will touch and attain top dollas

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Yeah that whole "Hurt" part calls too much for the wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance for my taste.

I'm like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin'

It's heat transfer printed at the moment but this is only a prototype. When I create the first sample i'll screenprint.

The wings are something that quite a few people have suggested to adjust. I won't be getting rid of them, i'll be adding more definition and detail.

If I get this project off the ground i'd probably look into some all over newsprint hoodie, some all over eye hoodie and a plainer hoodie with newsprint layered in the hood.

Thanks for all your comments so far, keep them coming.

Parent of one baby Orangutan - Hsiao Ning, aged 2 years old.

the wings are cool but too 'undetailed' imo dont like the large text in the front of the hoody, it just doesnt go along with everythin; eyes wings words. just playing the devils advocate:P

btw i would wear a hoody like that if the words werent on it:) if you decide to make them give me a pm

http://surrealia.wyvernweb.com/tutorials/feathertutorial/feathersamp1.jpg

just a thought:)

Wanted: Sucarcanes SC40500N, Imperial kings. 31x34

Edited by keska on Mar 5, 2006 at 07:07 AM

The only advise I would have for you is to keep creating. Don't fixate on this one piece. People have given their opinions.....which is always a good thing. If you remember that you can't please everyone......you'll be fine. Listening to well thought out opinions of your work is great....and an important part of the process. Ultimately you have to decide what YOUR vision is and not be swayed by what other people want it to be. That said....people saying that they would never buy a particular piece is just an honest reaction.....and they are entitled to that. If you can create stuff that only a fraction of 1% of the world reacts to....you will not be able to produce it fast enough to fill the orders.

Conceived and executed on the working waterfront of Portland, Maine. www.jayallen.biz