Acciedent/ Injurys How Did it Happen

chambo2008

So after an acciedent i had at work and talking with vjforlife decided to start this thread basicly anything that happend at work, in the car or at home pic's and a story would be cool i'll share mine then let's see yours!

So i was working with my chef and it had been a long busy week with a lack of sleep, as my chef was chopping bones, i went to throw some carrots in the bin, as my arm went across him he connected and bam!!!

Basicly he cut two tendons in my thumb(API, APL) i stayed in hospital over night and they sent me to hand truma in the royal free hospital London the next day had an op that lasted for 2 hours i came out looking like this

9131_299487720462_578565462_9333498.jpg

then 3 days later they took of the ghalf cast and put a splint on this was the first time i saw the cut after it happend

8526_313355155462_578565462_9534122.jpg

7524_303882385462_578565462_9408963.jpg

7524_304003060462_578565462_9410418.jpg

then 15 days later it was time for the stitches to come out. The day before i picked my daughter up and felt a strain so they took the stitches out

8134_313354310462_578565462_9534071.jpg

coverd with stiri strips as the wound was gapping, they had a look at my thumb and decided that i needed anouther op to see if the tendons has ruptured (which they had it was found halfway down my arm) so i have since had anouther op this time i got an infection taking pills for that and am having my stiches out on wednesday but this is what it looks like now

11254_325132650462_578565462_974238.jpg

more updates later!

*shiver* ..hope that heals up soon, man. dont get it infected.

anyways, no pics, but i remember i was kicking a balloon around the house. I tried to kick it really hard, and missed. my toe slammed into the ground and broke... yup that was one of the stupidest accidents of my life.

I mis-stepped landing a kickflip, and as i fell forward my back foot kicked that tail, and shot the nose slamming into my eye.

it was about a quarter of an inch from blinding me. i had to get 6 stitches, and the doctors just kept saying about how lucky i was, and that even if i'd broken my orbital bone i could've needed surgery and lost some vision.

it swelled shut for about a week, and when it started to open up the white of my eye was completely red for almost a month.

Those pictures need a R rating, me thinks. Don't want to see that while enjoying my morning coffee

Nearly died about half an hour ago.... was following a Nissan Xtera going speed limit (60mph) and all of a sudden he swerves out to the carpool lane and in his place is a line of stopped (completely lacking movement) cars. Had about 5 carlengths to slam on the brakes and come to a stop. Thank god my brakes don't suck and thank god the Ford behind me was paying attention and didn't ass rape me

Also, I've been in an accident where some old lady hit me and flipped my car..... not exactly fun going from upright to 90 deg to the left and spinning like a top. No injuries except a small cut I got from hopping out of the shattered window though but the car was totaled. Sad day

My hands look like a butchers blocks after working in a reputable kitchen for a few weeks, but there's one incident in particular that happened when I was younger that nearly scarred me for life. I was twelve, flipping a deck around on a three stair - just some punkass skater kid. I guess over the course of a few weeks I'd grinded down the end of my board doing manuals and somehow I managed to shoot that end of the board vertically up between my legs - the board went into my inner thigh, an inch or two away from my sack and becoming sterile. Couple of stitches took care of it.

It may or may not have clipped my goods, no scars though surprisingly.

Almost all the pro cooks i know are drunk of their face when they are working or coked out.

Part of the job i suppose.

I could not do it... out of all the pain there is in the world, burns are the worst to me. I walked on a broken foot for a month once, but a little burn, and im a puppy.

cut my finger with a butcher knife. probably the second worst thing to happen to me..next to cutting my finger with those machines you use to cut wood. also was making my own stamp once and i sort of dug a bit too deep too fast and the blade skid across and cut my finger..the skin hasn't healed properly so you can still see the break..its been so long though its barely noticeable.

other then that i've gotten a lot of bruises from falling down & over and smack right into..stuff.

nothing as gruesome as the first poster

damn.

I walked on a broken foot.

the only time I broke a limb was my freshman year in college. got completely smashed (9 double shots of bacardi + 2 Ls in 45 min) and fell down the stairs and broke my leg near the ankle... had friends help carry me home and woke up with my ankle looking like a cabbage patch doll. i limped my way across campus to the infirmary, and even though my leg was obviously destroyed, they refused to give me crutches until I saw a doctor. couldnt get a drs appt for a couple of days, so I had to limp around campus, stopping every couple of minutes to rest, with random strangers asking me if i was okay because i was so obviously in pain. i have no idea how you did a month cause those couple of days were unbearable.

It was not that bad, it was just a toe, haha, i guess foot was a bit of a exaggeration!

But i had more or less the same thing, constant gimp concept, and it hurt like hell. but no insurance, and hate doctors, so it was lame.

Nearly died about half an hour ago.... was following a Nissan Xtera going speed limit (60mph) and all of a sudden he swerves out to the carpool lane and in his place is a line of stopped (completely lacking movement) cars. Had about 5 carlengths to slam on the brakes and come to a stop. Thank god my brakes don't suck and thank god the Ford behind me was paying attention and didn't ass rape me

sounds like you were tailgating this guy to begin with, if you had no time to react to his quick exit of the lane and couldn't see traffic in front of you

you're fortunate you didn't learn your lesson the hard way... I drive 55mph on my daily commutes, unless I am in a hurry due to special circumstances. Anyway, I've come to learn that I can save gas/environment this way, and the difference in speed doesn't really translate to a time advantage. so I snicker at all the mofos I make mad with my granny speed, but overall, it makes me a very safe driver

sounds like you were tailgating this guy to begin with, if you had no time to react to his quick exit of the lane and couldn't see traffic in front of you

you're fortunate you didn't learn your lesson the hard way... I drive 55mph on my daily commutes, unless I am in a hurry due to special circumstances. Anyway, I've come to learn that I can save gas/environment this way, and the difference in speed doesn't really translate to a time advantage. so I snicker at all the mofos I make mad with my granny speed, but overall, it makes me a very safe driver

5 car lengths is not tailgating..... How am I supposed to see traffic in front of me when he is in front of me? My car is lower than his and at that distance I probably wouldn't have been able to see through his window anyway. Now had he been paying attention and not on the phone like a jackass he would have been slowing down and I would have been braking, instead he decides to narrowly avoid a collision by swerving blindly into another lane

And I don't care how slow you go as long as you stay in the right lane, if you're in the left lane you're impeding the flow of traffic and actually should be ticketed. That being said, that's completely irrelevant.

Split my lip bailing a 4 set when I was 15. Fell awkwardly into some rocks, gravel and bits of broken glass. The worst part was feeling the nurse picking the shrapnel out of my open wound before stitching it up with 6 stitches.

I also got electrocuted working in a meat packing plant at the age of 19. It was like working in a giant refrigerator. Cold and damp. Anyway, an Industrial connector somehow unraveled from the factory ceiling and I felt it knock my hard hat. I looked up like wtf?? and try to swat it away....as soon as my fingers made contact with it, they latched on. Felt a painful jolt as the electricity passed through my right side. I have no idea what the voltage was, but the plug was huge so probably a lot. My arm wouldn't stop shaking for a long time. Never told anyone....probably should have. The right side of my body has never been the same since.

when i was a kid i sat on a railing and someone pulled at me from behind. i swing around the bar and the back of my head perfectly connects to the concrete ledge that is under the railing. light concussion, 7 stitches and 3 days in hospital

every time i go get my hair cut short i always get a comment on the scar

needles to say i now have a very uncomfortable feeling when i sit on railings and try to avoid it as much as possible

Broke my left hand and 2 fingers on a ledge doing a half-cab k-grind (only serious skating injury). Broke my right hand punching a bus stop while shitfaced. Cut open my fingers on a old samurai sword with no hand guard. Had my forehead split open when my Dad was showing me some Akido move in the kitchen and my head hit the counter top. Had the bridge of my nose split open when my brother threw a metal toy fire truck into my face. I think that covers it. I've been pretty lucky.