vintage pendleton thread

shut up alex

• 2 months later...

Scored a couple of nice eBay pickups, neither yet in-hand. Both are U.S. made with the wool symbol present. I wonder if the truism of lower prices in the warmer months holds with these.

4473163290_f39243f1b1_o.jpg

4473163308_f3f56a0749_o.jpg

• 6 months later...
Not to mention quality has gone down and the price has gone up. It is still like $100 bucks for a shirt and I will not spend a $100 on a shirt made in Mexico. Companies love to say how they need to ship jobs over seas (in this case across the border, to "remain competitive with prices" yet I don't ever see the price go down when they start manufacturing stuff cheaper. The only thing that changes is their profit margin.

There is almost no reason to buy a new pendleton when there are so many vintage ones in like new condition for much cheaper.

I agree with you. There are plenty of almost perfect used shirts out there, so why bother with the new ones.

I think the part about "remaining competitive" is that they keep prices the same instead of raising them. Nobody ever really lowers prices.

The one thing I can say about the new made in Mexico Pendletons, is that the fabric is still made in their Oregon mills. The construction doesn't matter that much... the fabric is what makes those shirts. I can spot a Pendleton from a block away because of the fabric not the construction. I still buy new ones from time to time (if they're on sale!). I think it's good to support the company. If they stop making the fabric in Oregon, it's over.

I have my Lobo by Pendleton shirt/jacket on today because the fog is back (thank goodness) but no camera to take a picture with. Dark indigo in color with brown buttons, thrifted for a good price.

On the subject of the new ones I agree that the fabric is the main ingredient but it would be nice if they were still U.S. made. I scored a major deal at their store in Sacramento a few months back, I got one of the $150 shirt/jackets for $28 in the end of season sale. It was the only one that fit me or I would have bought a few more.