chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

to me washed out sounds exactly like neon indian. I haven't really listened to the new album but I don't think I'm missing much

you mean neon indian sounds exactly like washed out

and thanks for the input on when i should interview guys!

edit"

spinning Natural Child's 7"

BnPVg3dNQKs

to me washed out sounds exactly like neon indian. I haven't really listened to the new album but I don't think I'm missing much

If these two had come out 5 years apart, no one would make this connection. They're barely similar. Neon Indian isn't driven by deep house or trance like Washed Out. Chillwave is a non-scene. Try and imagine Washed Out writing Deadbeat Summer (or Neon Indian making Feel It All Around). There's just no way.

Also, I've seen washed out 3 times and the first time they were awesome when small black was his backup band but since then they haven't been that impressive live to be honest. One of my best friends is the drummer for them and it must kill him to play music like that. (he used to drum for a kinda punky/garage rock band)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man, its been a while since Ive visited this thread.

Saw Neon Indian w/ Com Truise 2 weeks ago, NI was sick and CT had a live drummer play the bass line.

Seeing Toro Y Moi for the 4th-5th time on Friday, should be good, like to hear him play Freaking Out.

Dev Hynes side project - Blood Orange debut album, Coastal Grooves......get onto it! Undoubtedly one of my favourite albums for 2011. I kinda gave up on him after his dismal follow up LP (Lightspeed Champion) but this one is a winner.