video games ruined my life

DüM

yeah I don't think I can even play on this computer. I got 3S running in MacMAME but it was choppy as shit even when i fucked with all the settings.

can you even run ggpo on a mac though? I think I have to wait til I get an intel mac.

I downloaded it for PSN and got stuck. I think there's a very slim chance of me being able to beat the boss and advancing further. Of course I had forgotten the days of hard ass rpg's so I only have one save file.

also, zombies confirmed for Black Ops of course. BROBOCOP time.

FFT was all about grinding away through extra battles to make sure you could be the boss battles. There was also the weapon dupe trick which I used on a few go rounds through the game. Then the secret dungeon with Beowulf. What a deep fucking game.

My problem was always going for 'the wrong' jobs ( I had no problem grinding like crazy when I was younger so that was never an issue). I pretty much did whatever sounded / seemed cool which didn't really work when you got to the really hard bosses where you just needed the boost from a couple of those really overpowered / abusable jobs / abilities.

Also - the fact that it was like impossible to train new guys. Was there a way to deal with that? I'd always have like six guys at the 'current' level and then the rest of my party was like level 8.

Hahaha I feel you completely on having a core group and then a worthless junior varsity squad. I remember having over 100hrs on some of my save files for that game.

I just ended up releasing everyone from my party who I didn't use with the exception of monsters who would multiply and sometimes give interesting results.

Also - the fact that it was like impossible to train new guys. Was there a way to deal with that? I'd always have like six guys at the 'current' level and then the rest of my party was like level 8.

That was the hardest part for me too. I really don't think that leveling new recruits is a viable option until later in the game where 2-3 of your guys can wreck the entire opposing team on their own. That's basically how it was when I finally beat it. I only used recruits for dispatch missions for JP while my main party consisted of the story characters that where around the "current level" mark when you received them.