video games ruined my life

DüM

Alright, just talked to the SF guys. The best days that would work for them are Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those who are interested in the Sufu x SF game please let me know which day is better so we can figure out when to play.

My homie insists I play FFXIV.

But...I hate Squaresoft/SquareEnix. I can't handle any FF. Same shit with different characters every time.

Only FF I could play was tactics, and only the old school one on the PS, all the new ones suck.

I dunno, can any of you FF fanatics(esp. 11 I guess) explain if you think XIV worth throwing down on and paying monthly?

I have never ever played a p2p game, shit robs you...but yeah interested if anyone can explain the appeal.

guys, this sounds really interesting

500x_ds5lg.jpg

Most games deal with a Night of the Living Dead scenario where you have to survive one night, one wave, one map. We're dealing with a long-term zombie threat, where you have to worry about keeping people fed, friends getting bit and infected while scavenging, and the desperation of other human beings. Honestly, the game is not about the zombies, but about how people react to a crisis and what they are willing to do to other human beings and even members of their group to stay alive or protect their own. The zombies are just a cause, like economic collapse or a massive earthquake, and it's really the human self-preservation instinct and the survivor mentality that we're interested in portraying.
The big difference in our group and something like Jagged Alliance is these are normal people with little to no combat experience, not a veteran squad of commandos, so they handle like you'd expect them to. It's best to think of them as intelligent Gradius options – they're there to assist and absorb damage. They make combat much easier than going it alone, but they can die and you're really going to have to work at it to bring everyone home all the time. Sometimes you may have to let someone go to get the rest of your group out safely. If everyone else is at the rally point and one ally is still in that house surrounded by ten zombies, let ‘em go, ‘cause they're gone.

http://kotaku.com/5622745/time-for-a-zombie-role+playing-game

older bethesda stuff like morrowind is still great but yeah the sandbox formula is kind of losing its freshness imo. mass effect and even SC II in its own way have the right idea when it comes to allowing the right amount of "choice" or whatever.

anyone who hasn't played kotor needs to by the way