video games ruined my life

DüM

Funny you should say this...I played 64 pretty much for 3 days straight with some friends last week. Still mad fun even though it's not nearly as polished as Brawl or Melee. Glad to hear someone else is repping smash though, to be honest I can't get enough of the series either.

Been on a Brawl binge as of late too.. good shit

brawl sux bro, unless u just play for fun or something…

Almost got NV but decided the bugs would annoy the hell outta me, losing 20 hours of play sounds like no fun.

i am just going to beat FO3 and all the DLC my friend hooked me up with... but for some reason, i am jonzing for NV....

Here's my situation:

My PS3 got the YLOD, I couldn't fix it and decided against sending it to Sony for $150 so I bought a brand new PS3 Slim 160GB.

1st question:

Is it possible to extract the save files from my old PS3 HD and transfer it into my slim?

Here are my ideas, please shoot them down if they are not possible:

1.) Connecting the PS3 phat HD to the computer and drag and drop.

2.) Insert the PS3 phat HD into another working PS3 phat and back it up into an external HD.

2nd question:

If it is impossible, how can I wipe off my account data on my old HD?

Thanks!

Here's my situation:

My PS3 got the YLOD, I couldn't fix it and decided against sending it to Sony for $150 so I bought a brand new PS3 Slim 160GB.

1st question:

Is it possible to extract the save files from my old PS3 HD and transfer it into my slim?

Here are my ideas, please shoot them down if they are not possible:

1.) Connecting the PS3 phat HD to the computer and drag and drop.

2.) Insert the PS3 phat HD into another working PS3 phat and back it up into an external HD.

2nd question:

If it is impossible, how can I wipe off my account data on my old HD?

Thanks!

1. Don't think it will work, but it's worth a try. If I had to guess I'd say they weren't named in the most intuitive fashion and using the built in PS3 Backup Utility most likely copies necessary data you couldn't get from just dragging and dropping.

2. The new PS3 will reformat the new drive as soon as you insert it.

If you can manage to at all turn the phat on and backup data that's your best bet. Why are you concerned with wiping your old HD? Setting up the new slim with your old account should allow you to redownload everything from PSN.

Got NV cheap, it looks the same but better. Enjoying it so far. As long as it does not explode i am going to like it i think.

I'm really enjoying it despite the bugs, I'd get it but just recommend not relying on the autosave. Save before you enter any new building and before you do anything important. I've had at least 2 bugs that meant I wanted to go back to an old save. First, losing my companion (and all the stuff he was carrying), and second where the screen went permanently blurry.

yeah, I'm playing NV too. I really like it a lot more than F3. I hated being stuck inside places like Rivet City, or in confined spaces like the sewers. Roaming around in the desert is where it's at. I didn't finish F3. so I'll probably go back and do that once I "beat" NV.

Also, the main thing I like about NV over F3 is that it is much easier to be a "good" guy. Even killing characters that appear to be good sometimes gives you good karma, or doesn't have any effect whatsoever. It feels like you could play the game over and over, doing different things each time, and have an entirely new experience.

edit: and I haven't had any bugs or anything. just a little skipping when it loads a new section of the desert. got stuck in one of those protectron portals, but got up with a grenade to my feets. I save all the time anyway out of habit, so it shouldn't be a problem if you're like me.

You guys are too current for me. I was on the verge of modernizing to check out the newer DOA. Wife gave me pause. "Just go get your Dreamcast. It has all the panty shots anyway."

I play a current game and then usually an older game. I try to mix it up as much as possible like right now i'm playing Majora's Mask and Alan Wake. I feel at times i'm the only who is playing older games here too.

^^ I play older games all the time. It's the way to go, definitely.

In regards to new games, it looks like this year is going to be a good one for the PS3.

Will brobokawp from that list:

1. Hyperdimension Neptunia

2. Shadow and ICO remake

3. Journey

4. Killzone 3

5. The Last Guardian

6. LittleBigPlanet 2

7. Pixeljunk Shooter 2

8. Resistance 3

9. Twisted Metal

10. Uncharted 3

Alan Wake has a pretty dope soundtrack, and Majora's mask is insane.

I sold my ps3 for rent money while back and gave my 360 to my brother, I don't really miss either tbh, As long as I have a computer, an n64, and a ps2, my gaming is all set. Though I would like to give Last Guardian a shot when it drops.