Google Wave

Guest nondskrpt

• 4 weeks later...

its a cool idea but i dont know if i see it catching on. they're touting the fact that it can be something in between static (email) and fast-paced (IM clients) communcation, but to me the coolest part is when you have multiple people in on a wave at the same time sharing photos, words, whatever. This require everyone to say "i'm getting on at X time" or just have wave always open as a tab like many people do with gmail/gchat. I dont see eithe of these scenarios happening on a widespread basis.

We'll see, though. I hope I'm proven wrong.

hahaha joelz thats perfect..

thanks man - sorry, forgot about this thread for a while.

after playing with it for a couple weeks I'm still not sold on it. I could see it being amazing for planning activities, or communicating with a ton of people. But until everyone (everyone!) has it or some equivalent of it, it really is useless for now

Also I just got 30(!) more invites so if anyone wants one send me a pm

And I'm out (for now). Will update when more come

sufu wave party sounds good. Set up a public wave and dump the URL here

^^that shit is awesome^^

this has potential to be a really useful tool for a design team or anyone doing collaborative projects. I've just been goofing off with friends on it for now, but i'm interested to see some of the apps and uses are thought up for it. I like it a lot more than ichat/gchat/etc. I just wish i could find out more about it without watching an 80 minute video on it.