TO ALL THE NYC HEADS: first trip to nyc tips and suggestions

le14

I searched but the last post was from a year ago so I decided to post this up.

vI'm taking my first trip to NYC in mid November (19th) and will be there from Thursday-Sunday. I was wondering how the weather was at this time period so I know what to bring with me or if I should go buy a North Face (don't really know about the cold, I'm from Houston)? Other then that, any suggestions for site seeing, good eats, nightlife, or anything else?

So far, the only thing really planned is the shopping. If there is a "must go" shopping place, just suggest it. Any type of place is cool. The more suggestions the better.

The other things planned are:

1) Go see the 9/11 site

2) Central Park

3) Statue of Liberty

4) The big ice skating rink near the big tree (if it's up before Thanksgiving)

5) Time Square

6) Rockefeller Center

7) The Metropolitan Museum of Art

I was wondering if there are any other sites worth seeing?

Next is food, I want to try the following and what to know what/where is the best:

1) Pizza

2) Hot Dogs

3) Burgers

4) Deli's / Sandwiches

5) Asian (any type, not a must but if it's worth it we'll go)

6) Steakhouse

and any other places/foods you think is worth trying. I'm not a picky eater just want to see what NYC has to offer.

Nightlife/bars

We plan to go out a couple nights but not to a club or anything. Just a chill place to relax and drink a bit and maybe a little food as well. Any cheap places to hang out and drink (beer, liquor, sake, soju, anything is cool)? The more suggestions the better.

If there's anything I should know or places that you think I must see just suggest it.

Thanks for the help ST.

Are you into jawns, streetwear, workwear, or preppy steez.

If you have to do touristy stuff, you may have to be pretty selective about what shops you wanna visit.

For example, if you are not into JAWNZ, itll be pointless for you to go to west side e.g. rick, aloha,

If you are thinking of picking up a northface jacket, i presume you know very little about your style / what types of stuff you'd b interested in.

Are you into jawns, streetwear, workwear, or preppy steez.

If you have to do touristy stuff, you may have to be pretty selective about what shops you wanna visit.

For example, if you are not into JAWNZ, itll be pointless for you to go to west side e.g. rick, aloha,

If you are thinking of picking up a northface jacket, i presume you know very little about your style / what types of stuff you'd b interested in.

LOL, i'm from houston so it doesnt get too cold down here and all i hear for warmth in New york in the winter is a North Face to keep warm (plus I'm a college student who's looking for something cheap). I plan to visit BIG, Selfedge, Uniqlo, and random other places. I'm not that big into streetwear as i used to be, but it's on the list since i'll be going with my brothers and some friends.

6) Rockefeller Center

these two are the same thing if that helps. but based on what you posted you should just get the superguide. seriously.

if you need more you should improve your search skills because this stuff comes up like every three months

• 2 weeks later...

1) Go see the 9/11 site

2) Central Park

3) Statue of Liberty

5) Time Square

6) Rockefeller Center

7) The Metropolitan Museum of Art

okay, you searched (which is a good start) and results came up with the last post from a year ago. where you worried these sites were no longer there?

weather.com is also helpful.