Gareth Pugh S/S 10 Paris

bill

I do think that every pieces are wearable. Still very Pugh to me, without the costume-ish clothes. I'd like to see details pictures and the footwear. (I'll update the thread if I find any)

Inaya, I'd like to hear your thoughts about this collection.

I pretty much think it sucks. I mean obviously I love Gareth, but he's abandoned what made him original and interesting in the first place and is now sort of evolving into a gothic parody of rick owens. it seems so uninspired and he used to be outrageously creative. it is possible to 'tone things down' and keep your creativity and impact... so I hope he'll find a way to get back to his roots a bit.

there are construction issues that you can see from these pictures ive noticed, a lot of puckering on the structured pieces.

inaya -the problem with what made gareth what he is and where his roots lay is that it was 100% statement pieces/show pieces only, he wasnt being bought heavily and it was a huge challenge for buyers to assess the collection. while the look and aesthetic and the shows were cool, cool doesnt pay the bills. i like the direction slowly going towards for him self, its still very pugh but it provides more for buyers to write, thus provides him more money to continue on.

i think instead of toning down-- it would be nice to see a few over-the-top omg artistic pieces still and then have the majority of the rest to be like those pieces.. But toned down so it is a more 'wearable type' of outfit on the runway to help fund his line. i guess the hard part for him is finding that middle ground with the toned down pieces to sell for cold hard cash.. because while there are people that love his clothes there aren't a lot that can afford it and even less from that pool that would buy it fp..

the idea is that his show pieces are still essential but the aesthetic and the idea behind them needs to be captured in the showroom when buyer are handling the pieces. there is always a place for the unwearable on the runway, but how you translate that into the rest of the collection is where the make or break of designer is.

i think instead of toning down-- it would be nice to see a few over-the-top omg artistic pieces still and then have the majority of the rest to be like those pieces.. But toned down so it is a more 'wearable type' of outfit on the runway to help fund his line. i guess the hard part for him is finding that middle ground with the toned down pieces to sell for cold hard cash.. because while there are people that love his clothes there aren't a lot that can afford it and even less from that pool that would buy it fp..

He has done this before! Despite his over the top theatrics in some of his other shows their were still very wearable pieces. I agree he could have done that 1000% I do think there are some promising pieces in there, but you're right, more places will stock this aside from seven and lvr.

and i almost died when i heard the runway song. seriously? that almost ruined the whole entire show. a deaf person could have picked a better song.

I don't really get some of the criticisms that his earlier work was unwearable or anything. I mean, the styling made it seem that way, but taken apart, it's all pretty smart stuff. Now, Rick probably does the runway/real life dichotomy best since his runway presentations rarely showcase how totally normal and wearable a lot of his pieces are. I think Gareth is still finding his voice both as an individual designer in the shadow of Rick and as an economic entity. As an observer, I'm just glad to see that he's trying to get out of his super structured cubbyhole, even if not every look is a total success.

I pretty much think it sucks. I mean obviously I love Gareth, but he's abandoned what made him original and interesting in the first place and is now sort of evolving into a gothic parody of rick owens. it seems so uninspired and he used to be outrageously creative. it is possible to 'tone things down' and keep your creativity and impact... so I hope he'll find a way to get back to his roots a bit.

PVC jawnz don't make no money

00070m.jpg

I dig this Jedi steez

Besides, even if it seems toned down, any of these pieces would turn heads on the street

• 3 weeks later...