Edwin Naishville Red Selvage vs Nudie Straight Sven DS

Tisswat

Can you guys help me out with this dilemma? Edwin Naishville Red Selvage vs Nudie Straight Sven DS. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? Thanks.

P.S. I'm talking about the normal SSDS, not the limited edition 'Svenska' ones.

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

Nashvilles are true straight leg, with quite a nice amount of movement.

As far as I know, Nudie Sven arent completely straight leg, and are a little tighter. If you look at other posts about Nudie you will also see people are having problems with the crotch seem tearing a lot! (after much wear)

If you are interested in Edwins I have some for sale. They are washed (new) however. I have 28 x 34 and 30 x 34 for sale. Here are the pics I took:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/j-edwards/greenville.htm

Thanks for your offer, but I already have my eye on two deals.

Quote: Nudie Sven arent completely straight leg

Are you sure? I tried on a SS and could swear they are perfectly straight. I get the same notion from other threads on this board.. (ie http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=6481)

Can anyone tell me the differences between Nashvilles and Straight Svens? Rise? Leg opening? Thickness? Fit? Thank you.

Edited by Tisswat on Feb 20, 2006 at 10:32 AM

Nudie SS is 13.5oz I think (according to Zoovillage.com). They are a low waist (low rise), straight leg. Nudiejeans claim it to be a fit inbetween Slim Jim and RR. More of a "street jeans" I guess.

My ED-47 is as wide in bottom hem as the knee, my Nashville's aren't, still pretty much a straight fit. Nashville's are also more of a classic fit. Higher rise, you have the crouch rivet and all. I think it's 13.5oz, might be 13.75oz but it shouldn't be much different in thickness compared to SS.

Sup_

Wow.

We think a like.

I wanted to know what was the difference between these two. I am torn and do not know which one

to get.

Svens seems like they fit tighter than the Nashvilles. But then I heard Edwins fit a tad baggier.

Which one do you guys prefer to buy?

I am leaning towards the Nashvilles because of its simplicity.

ahhhh.. so hard to decide. icon_smile_blackeye.gif

Peace.

Quote:
Quote:

nudie SS has slight bootcut, around 1 inch narrower around the knee than the hem.

--- Original message by kumo on Feb 20, 2006 12:17 PM

No it does not. The Straight Sven is completely straight all the way through the leg.

--- Original message by minya on Feb 20, 2006 03:16 PM

i measured my 30x32 sven's, laid flat the hem is 9 inches and knee is 8.5 inches... not as significant as the bootcut on RR's..

I haven't noticed a clear bootcut when trying on a normal (non selvage) pair. I didn't notice a bootcut when looking at SS pictures either, so I guess I can handle it.

Does anyone have any measurements of the Nashvilles they can post here? Hem/knee/rise?

i just bought a pair of nashvilles online. are they sanforized? should i bother soaking them or doing the shower thing when i get them? sorry i did a search and only came up with the ed-47 being sanforized, i just wanted to make sure.

Edited by will_i_am on Mar 3, 2006 at 12:46 PM

I thought the svens were a cut/fit inbetween the RALFs and the OLAs. I would go with the svens over the nashvilles. I wouldn't particularly worry about the crotch blowing out. I have worn many premium jeans and have noticed that if you wear a pair of jeans for over half a year every day, under strenuous conditions, the crotch is bound to blow out. Especially if they are tight.

Quote: I thought the svens were a cut/fit inbetween the RALFs and the OLAs. I would go with the svens over the nashvilles. I wouldn't particularly worry about the crotch blowing out. I have worn many premium jeans and have noticed that if you wear a pair of jeans for over half a year every day, under strenuous conditions, the crotch is bound to blow out. Especially if they are tight.

[url=" http://www.nudiejeans.com/campaign/fitguide/fitguide.php"] <a href="http://www.nudiejeans.com/campaign/fitguide/fitguide.php" target="_blank">http://www.nudiejeans.com/campaign/fitguide/fitguide.php</a>

Oddly enough they're both ... it seems icon_smile_shock.gif. According to the fiit-guide they're in between the RR and SJ. According to their collection description it's in between RR and BO. Mixed messages it seems. Either way, they fit like Sven's icon_smile_tongue.gif.

Quote: i just bought a pair of nashvilles online. are they sanforized? should i bother soaking them or doing the shower thing when i get them? sorry i did a search and only came up with the ed-47 being sanforized, i just wanted to make sure.

I believe they are.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nudie SS has slight bootcut, around 1 inch narrower around the knee than the hem.

--- Original message by kumo on Feb 20, 2006 12:17 PM

No it does not. The Straight Sven is completely straight all the way through the leg.

--- Original message by minya on Feb 20, 2006 03:16 PM

i measured my 30x32 sven's, laid flat the hem is 9 inches and knee is 8.5 inches... not as significant as the bootcut on RR's..

--- Original message by kumo on Feb 21, 2006 01:14 AM

My SSLE seem to have the same measurements at the knee and hem (was only a quick measurement though)

I just got my svens dry selvage in and they are fuckin beautiful. They were described as the same denim as the RALF, but they are very different. They are still heavy, but the denim is very slubby. The streaks are very long. I am very pleased with my purchase. They have a deeper blue, almost black, color to them as opposed to the grayish sheen on the ralfs.

Quote:

i just bought a pair of nashvilles online. are they sanforized? should i bother soaking them or doing the shower thing when i get them? sorry i did a search and only came up with the ed-47 being sanforized, i just wanted to make sure.

Edited by will_i_am on Mar 3, 2006 at 12:46 PM

--- Original message by will_i_am on Mar 3, 2006 12:41 PM

They shrink to rather than from tag size. Wash at 40 and they will end up at tag size.