Wear on Dior Homme raw denim jeans

Guest Fade to Black

Guest Fade to Black

So it's about a week until I've owned my Dior Japanese raw denim jeans for a year now...i've washed them in warm/cold water once approx. once every 3 months, relatively frequent wear...today I noticed the creases throughout the jeans were setting in nicely so I threw em in the washer for the first hot wash. However after being out for about half an hour now I haven't noticed any distinguishable fading or anything, it looks practically the same. Is it something about Dior's treatment that makes it so that it won't wear like the usual raw denims posted in the Evolution before/after thread?

I've also noticed that even though these aren't selvedge they are getting the seam twist pretty heavily in the left leg, pardon me for a lack of knowledge but I thought that usually happened only with selvedge jeans.

Do any owners of DH raw denim have experience with their wear/fading progress on the jeans? I'd like to hear some opinions on this.

haven't had any personal experience with Dior denim but a lack of contrast in your fading is either from a lack of wear or poor quality indigo. If too much indigo is lost too easily, it is just too hard to maintain the solid contrast you need to get really defined wear patterns....

Leg seam twisting is the product of the denim shrinking, and is associated most with un-sanforized jeans, as they, obviously, will shrink the most after washing. Whether denim is selvage or not is unimportant.....for example: my selvage Evis No 1's have twisted a good deal (unsanforized), but my RRDS's and PRPS' haven't at all

Can you post any pics of the diors??

Fuck....more shit to buy

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

haven't had any personal experience with Dior denim but a lack of contrast in your fading is either from a lack of wear or poor quality indigo. If too much indigo is lost too easily, it is just too hard to maintain the solid contrast you need to get really defined wear patterns....

Leg seam twisting is the product of the denim shrinking, and is associated most with un-sanforized jeans, as they, obviously, will shrink the most after washing. Whether denim is selvage or not is unimportant.....for example: my selvage Evis No 1's have twisted a good deal (unsanforized), but my RRDS's and PRPS' haven't at all

Can you post any pics of the diors??

--- Original message by Bill on Feb 20, 2006 06:53 AM

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the info, didn't know about that shrinkage thing. Sorry I don't got detailed pics of the jeans, the pic I do have of me wearing them is quite old (actually they look the same now as they did then more or less). When you say too much indigo was lost, do you mean just the dark blue color or the original 'metallic sheen' kind of thing that coated the denim? Because now they're just dark blue and for some reason aren't even fading after that wash.

edit: I also remember: These jeans never really bled...so if that's what you meant by indigo loss (e.g. indigo getting all over light colored substances), it didn't happen. It's just weird that the fades weren't showing up, yesterday before I washed them they were really heavily creased all over, which makes sense since they're so slim.

Edited by Fade to Black on Feb 20, 2006 at 10:42 AM

Guest Fade to Black

I just checked on the jeans: They're still dark in certain areas but that's just because those parts are still wet. The parts of the pants that are dry are startin to look kinda faded...

shit i think i fucked these jeans up.

From what I remember about ppl posting on the board before, the fading that occurs after the first wash happen as you wear them more..and in consequent washes.

I don't think the first wash will result in dramatic fading.

Btw, this is in general - not specific to Dior jeans.

I think the ppl who get the more dramatic results after a first wash probably wore the jeans pretty hard so that indigo loss was more from abrasion (running, biking, sitting on rocks, whatever) as opposed to loss thru washing.

Hope this helps - just keep wearing them and washing them...I'm sure they'll fade eventually.

Quote:

I just checked on the jeans: They're still dark in certain areas but that's just because those parts are still wet. The parts of the pants that are dry are startin to look kinda faded...

shit i think i fucked these jeans up.

--- Original message by Fade to Black on Feb 20, 2006 10:50 AM

Wearing jeans in isn't organized religion, there isn't a one true way and unbelievers be damned. There is no possible way to fuck things up as you'll always get jeans that reflect your lifestyle and habits, which is the point of raw denim.

As for the lack of very sharp fading it’s probably due to three (3) things:

1. Dior Raw are pretty soft and the stiffer the jeans, the greater the abrasion in high fading areas, the more pronounced the fading.

2. If I remember correctly you wear the 21CM, which are quite tight but more relaxed than certain models (Dior 19CM, some acne, etc)

3. You simply have a less active lifestyle than some of the posters on SF (skateboarding, cycling, sleeping in jeans, S&M encounters, rubbing on concrete when no one is watching), nothing wrong with that, think about poor suits like me who can’t even wear jeans during their workdays.

In other words to get more fading you should sacrifice the integrity of your testes and the lives of your future children by wearing ultra stiff, ballcrushingly tight jeans while falling off stairs.

You must also remember that we’ve got some nasty little cheaters here ( :P) who starch their jeans, use sandpaper on the creases and only wash them when they get arrested for stinking up the neighbourhood. This is about as nerdy as rearranging your record collection every week and girls will react accordingly to your awesome lack of masculinity. Now if you’ll excuse me I gotta go rearrange my record collection and starch my PERFECT pair of raw Japanese denim.

Quote: There is no possible way to fuck things up as you'll always get jeans that reflect your lifestyle and habits, which is the point of raw denim.

yeah, but we all want our jeans to look good, right? as in get a good looking natural fade etc etc..

Quote: In other words to get more fading you should sacrifice the integrity of your testes and the lives of your future children by wearing ultra stiff, ballcrushingly tight jeans while falling off stairs.

LOLicon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Edited by denim_hwk on Feb 20, 2006 at 01:40 PM

Quote: You must also remember that we’ve got some nasty little cheaters here ( :P) who starch their jeans, use sandpaper on the creases and only wash them when they get arrested for stinking up the neighbourhood. This is about as nerdy as rearranging your record collection every week and girls will react accordingly to your awesome lack of masculinity. Now if you’ll excuse me I gotta go rearrange my record collection and starch my PERFECT pair of raw Japanese denim.
HAHAHAHA!!!!

Thats comedic genius! btw, Ive been having a similar problem with my raws and like the man said if you dont wear your denim hard it wont be reflected in the wear. As for me Im a student and I dont really do a whole hell of a lot besides go to school, eat, study, sleep, etc. So, my jeans are still in relatively good shape, although I do ride a bike, but not that far. So, you can go and beat the shit out of your jeans and possibley fuck them up or just be patient and wear them in naturally (with a little starch of course!) which I think will probably look better in the long run.

2Cents

N.

To explain my comments about indigo loss alittle better: To get high contrast fading you need two things to happen:

First you need to wear certain areas of your jeans, from the fabric rubbing on itself (in the crotch of back of the knees) or from you rubbing dirty wet hands on them (on the lap, etc...) This abrassion will remove indigo from the surface of the warp threads, and will also erode the threads so indigo bleeds out. Bottom line.....abrassion indigo loss good

Second when you wash the jeans, you want the non-abraded areas to RETAIN as much indigo as possible, as in, stay as dark as possible. The areas that are more broken down will release some indigo while the fresher areas will not, thus acheiving contrast.

If there is too much indigo loss in the wash (i.e. stf 501's) it is hard to acheive good contrasts because the jeans as a whole will get light all over...

ok, thats alittle long winded, but hopefully you get the idea

Fuck....more shit to buy

Been wearing my Dior Raws for 6 months now. Have two pairs and 19cm and 21cm (havent worn the 19cm ones much) and they definately soften up after wearing for a few weeks, slight colour loss aswell even without washing (dry cleaned once but compared colour and is exactly the same before and after). Stressing seems to be occuring under crotch most and backs of knees, nothing yet on thighs. Love the way the pockets start taking shape after a while. Definately wont wash as cant stand light navy coloured jeans *yuck will post pics as soon as they start looking good.

what i noticed about the dior indigo, is that there's so dang much of it. i've only gone through one wash, and the indigo gets everywhere. more so than any other pair of jeans i own. and contrary to what many believe, the the 21 cm or the 19 cm are not that skinny, nor are they that tapered. the tightest fit is in the seat.

• 2 weeks later...

This post may not really relate directly to the point of this thread...but ive developed a system for working in my new raw denim which seems to work nicely for me....and here it is...in its entirety:

1) Fill a clean bathtub about 1/4 of the way with very warm water (not boiling hot)

2) Submerge raw jeans flat into water and soak for 15-20 minutes (this will bleed some of the dye without causing crease lines in unwanted places as you sometimes get with machine washing new raw denim)

3) Remove the soaked jeans from the tub and hang them up with a clip clothes hanger until they stop dripping water from the bottom leg openings.

4) Put the jeans on while theyre still wet and let them dry on your legs (works best outdoors on a warm sunny day)...be sure to have a backup pair of underwear nearby or go commando if you like to live dangerously :P ...Now if you want to create natural "hige" (the creases behind the knee area and on the crotch) try squating or bending your knees down and up every few minutes while the denim is drying.

5) Once the jeans have fully dried on you, take them off and place them on a hanger to air dry.

This technique can be repeated up to three times with raw denim. Plus, theyll encourage shrinking without significant lose in colour that happens with machine washing...and the natural creases will make them look like they were made just for you!...now go out and get dirty!

...good luck, and enjoy!

Quote:
Quote: This technique can be repeated up to three times with raw denim

Dare I ask, what happens if you do it more than three times?

--- Original message by sonick on Mar 3, 2006 04:13 PM

Candyman, Candyman, Candyma....

Guest Fade to Black

I just took some pics of the Diors at this very moment (literally 2 seconds ago). I haven't washed them since I made the original post and the smell is gettin so bad every time I walk into an enclosed indoors location (e.g. a house) i can feel the stench wafting up to my nose...don't worry i ain't got STD's but i'm always in Chinese restaurants (bad ventilation), bars (cigarette smoke, beer gettin spilled on, whatever), and cigar stores (self explanatory). I just bent down to smell the pants and it basically smells like the outside world packaged in a couple feet of indigo cotton. I'll try to put the pics up later tonight...and you can decide if trying to wear the shit out of these is fighting a lost cause or what, lol.

i do not reccomend wearing your jeans to dry them. i did that with my first wash on my RRDS, it stretches em out like mad, your creases however will come out extremely defined and nice. but the ultra crisp feeling of putting on a pair of jeans after they ahve been out in trhe sun for a day, is top amongst all.

chwa?

Hi,

Help! Do the Dior raws shrink at all (dryclean or hand wash)? Did you buy them a size down?

I am going to buy a pair of 19cm ones - my normal size is 29 in Dior. I tried the 21cm ones and they were too loose.

Opinions appreciated!! Thanks

Guest Fade to Black

Well I ended up not being able to upload the pic as the computer i'm on can't handle the camera used to take the picture...what's weird about the indigo loss on my jeans is after the hot water wash, i notice some dark blue streaks in the cotton where indigo was clearly bleeding and lost. However, in many places it seems to have that metallic indigo color, except instead of the shiny kind that is found on a new pair of raw denims, it's more of a matte, dull kind of color, almost steel grey-ish. Does anyone know what this is? Is it the beginning of the fading or is it indigo that hasn't been faded yet? Thanks.

Man these jeans are taking over my life...denim is addictive as hell as I just discovered. The fact i have OCD is not helping things much I'm thinking about this practically every waking moment and it's killing me. At this point the jeans aren't even hard or stiff any more, they're even softer than some of my washed jeans.

• 2 months later...

Hi - See youre having a pair of Dior Homme Raw one's. Cool!

Im gonna buy them very soon i think - gotta ask some questions first :P

Where did you buy them?

I have 28/29 in Acne - What should i buy them in Dior?