DQM Dave's Quality Meat F/W 09

mlproject

i saw the mash ones, looked good but kind of expensive and weird to rep them.

nice one on the chromes, spot on about the clear laminate

i gave up on the yorgos and was out of town the weekend they hit 21 mercer... booooooooooo

btw i wore the dqm waxed cap in warm weather for the first time in cal, the inside gets all beaded with sweat - nasty... mossy oak rules though

I walked by 21 Mercer today and while I did not go in, from the window it looked like all of the Tiempos were on display.

Are you both sure (i mean this in the most sincere, helping way possible) they are gone at mercer?

edit: also anyone feel like speaking on the lack of Dave at dqm?

yeah they're gone - long story long, they got them in november with the artoos along with a restock of the first four + mellow johnnys but sold out of those along pretty quickly. the release had been announced for that saturday to tie in with wnw/stages- apparently 21 mercer only got them in time because they had them overnighted; dqm got the rest late (minus two colorways)... the pairs announced to be on sale at wnw/trackstar turned out to be for display only with any purchases referred to dqm.

in the meantime dqm never got the yorgos or artoos and basically the other colorways are rotting on the shelves in both places (the four original ones having been released 2-3 times).

it's not like i really care on a deep personal level but as far as a release/attempt at a tie-in, the whole thing was pretty sad.

so... thanks for the pointer but i'm guessing the ones on display at 21m are the same non yorgos they've had sitting around for a couple months now

i don't have any dirt on dave but i kind of like what kyle's done with the brand in terms of moving it away from the fratboy hijinks...

btw while we're scraping dirt around did rivington club lose/close all their sneaker accounts? i haven't seen them get anything new in months and all their stuff on display looks like staff consignments.

dave's around... he hasn't worked in the store since the beginning (if at all?). still, run into him at the shop, fish, frankies or epsteins anytime. kyle has moved on from retail as well and is mainly on the brand in the office and that.

their last lookbook turned out really well and from what it seems, kyles dialing them in as a brand a lot more these days. i like what i see.

someone mentioned in passing that he was donezo and that its now a legal issue.

Just a rumor. The only place i heard it confirmed was on "that" other site about "that" other brand. Not exactly a credible source.

It would be bizarre if it were true, as in this case, unlike Aron, Daves name is literally on the door.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
nike always does that after smaller projects. doesn't really surprise me, but i bet homies at dqm are annoyed.

right - but it seems perverse to make a soccer shoe, out of a biking shoe made from a soccer shoe. why not use any infinite number of tiempo platforms like they did for the club IDs?

nice spying of the sfb mids, pissed i missed the sfb chukkas... btw you may want to size down a half if they fit like the full zip model (meant to be worn over ginormous combat socks)

• 8 months later...

hi i can't 2010 dqm thread, anybody know the sizing of their chinos? the fall 2010 collection? i want something comfortable that i can skate with. thanks