Help! Is this jacket too small?

eldave04

I have got 3 horsehide jackets and they all fit and look tight when they are new. They also puff out around the arms and chest. This is due to the tough nature of horsehide. You find that with 3-4months of wear they will stretch out uder the arms and the bulkiness of the chest will drop. In many ways they are similar to a pair of raw jeans only even harder to break in. They mould to your body shape.

You can put a leather conditoner on it to speed up the breaking in process. Also throwing it in a tumble dryer (NO HEAT) for about 30hrs will make the leather supple

What a great fitting jacket! Don't listen to anyone who tells you your A2 is too small; they don't know what the hell they're talking about. Anyone who thinks that jacket is too small is just a baggy-pant-wearing hip hop kid who knows nothing about how a classic jacket should fit -- OR how to break in a quality leather jacket.

BTW: Don't listen to posters who tell you to put your leather in the dryer, or use sandpaper on it, or give it, 'the hot water treatment'. Artificially aging your jacket will RUIN it. Wear it, and take care of it, and you'll have an heirloom to pass on to your kids.

Look, the A-2 was meant to be small and very close fitting. If you don't believe it check out a pic of the cockpit of a p-47 fighter and how small it is. That jacket is exactly as it should be. It will stretch to fit the tighter areas and take on the curvature of your body. In many cases the A-2 was worn under another jacket. The jacket is just fine so wear it and it will fit even better.

I agree with Levi Strauss and damnlam is historically correct. Just wear the jacket normally, and it will very shortly conform to the shape of your body. A leather treatment may soften the leather somewhat, but I would definitely advise against tossing the jacket into the dryer unless you want a cracked leather look. If you put it in the dryer on cool, the leather will get more supple, but you may as well just wear it, and you'll get the same effect after a short while.

Wow, gorgeous jacket!

The fit is perfect for you (as stated by other members already) however I think you'd do well with a slimmer cut jean with a better fit in the seat as it will improve the overall silhouette (also already mentioned!).

I was searching for a G-1 jacket for this winter, but since I was in the Southern Hemisphere for almost 2 months over winter I've decided to wait until next Autumn/Winter. Personally, for myself I am going to go for an ever so slightly roomier fit. Where did you purchase your A-2, and are you able to disclose price please! (Feel free to private message me).