Brooks Brothers

Did a search, there wasn't a thread already dedicated to general discussion.

2iiebahfaqzbc9y8wk4ituz.jpg

Discuss anything Brooks Brothers, Thom Browne for Black Fleece, etc.

Recently released was a "Extra Slim Fit" shirt roughly 2 weeks ago...

It's a lot slimmer than their original "Slim Fit" shirt. Higher armholes, slimmer chest, arms, and everywhere.

Limited colors and cloth selection as of now... only available in either a dress cotton broadcloth and supima oxford button-down. No straight collars as of now, no wrinkle-free treatment, and just a barrel cuff for now. The dress shirts have no logo, and the sport shirts feature the sheep-on-a-ribbon-logo.

920gwhite.jpg

The cut is similar to a slightly roomier Band of Outsiders or Lad Muscian. For reference, I usually wear a euro size 44. Good for you skinny sufu dus

Here are some pictures detailling the "Slim Fit" and "Extra Slim Fit" difference.

Slim Fit

dsc04076wje.jpg

Extra Slim Fit

dsc04075p.jpg

I have tried the Black Fleece BB0, and although I like Thom's skewed look, I feel these shirts will be a lot easier to wear. Like a BB0, but with longer sleeves for anyone who is over 5'9"

do they make the extra slim without the logo? i like the long torso, don't have to worry about shirt popping out when tucked in.

For now, I don't think so. It is a new release, and may be just a test run of sorts.

I'd like to see the non-logo wrinkle free edition come soon. :)

anyone stop by the new tokyo black fleece store?

blackfleecetyo.jpg

I'm mostly worried about the overall length of the shirts, since I like wearing my shirts un-tucked and these are clearly formal dress shirts. ?

Bring it to a tailor.

brooks brothers shirts aren't really meant to be worn untucked

if you wanna wear them untucked, get the boy's button downs

good material but super slim

at least that's what the super steezy japanese dudes do it

did some rough measurements on a size small

neck: roughly 14.5 in

pit to pit: roughly 17.5 in

length (back of collar to bottom hem): roughly 29 in

sleeve: between 32 and 33

yo i have skinny as fuck arms too... usually take a US 34/ EU 44. you are either a young boy or have an eating problem.

like herpsky said, they aren't really meant to be worn untucked. the style is called "preppy", get with it.

takeivyh.jpg

if you want extremely fitted, skinny, short tail hem shirts, consider buying a women's blouse. (0)

prices are $80 each or 3 for $200. usually they do a 3 for $150 on sale for their shirts (however, i don't know if these extra slim shirts will be on sale)

• 3 months later...

yo after some washing and drying, the cotton has shrunk to a more desirable slim fit... sleeves are not as baggy as in the original fit pic, and is slimmer throughout.

length seems to have shrunken a bit and the end hits about mid-zipper on my cdg pants. however, it is still, as stated before, not a BoO hip-flare shrunken shirt length.

collar still buttons (size small translates to a 14.5/32.5 shirt)

probably the best fit for the price

sale right now ... 3 for $159, in-store sale passed already, but still the cheapest the extra slim ocbd will probably go

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatSectionView.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1052

anxiously waiting for a straight forward point collar dress version to come out...

also, old stuff, and probably tough to pull off, but the junya x brooks brothers stuff from ss09 is steezy as fuck

commedesgarconsjunyawat.jpg

i just bought 3 white shirts on a whim, if anyone is interested ill post pics and description when they arrive

although it seems there is a somewhat high demand or something for them, there is a bit of a production delay so they wont ship till the 18th or something like that

• 2 weeks later...

Like Herpsky said, anybody who fits into a men's small in BB will probably have better luck with the the boys XL.

Embarrassed as I was I tried on some of the boys stuff while visiting my folks in PDX and it fit like a glove. Not only that, everything in the store was 60% off. Full price for boys shirts was $45. After the discount...$18...

Even at $45 a shirt I would feel like I was robbing the place.

Yeah, I need to go find some boys size...

The extraslim fit shirts are great for work or whatever but it's not available in non-iron, correct?

I inherited a super-dope Brooks Brothers overcoat from my grandpa who died when I was 2.

Heavy black wool overcoat.

Just had the sleeves taken out and the waist taken in slightly so its slightly more modern fitted.

It's from about 1975, still in fantastic condition.

I wonder if their construction now is as good as it was in the 70's.

Like Herpsky said, anybody who fits into a men's small in BB will probably have better luck with the the boys XL.

Embarrassed as I was I tried on some of the boys stuff while visiting my folks in PDX and it fit like a glove. Not only that, everything in the store was 60% off. Full price for boys shirts was $45. After the discount...$18...

Even at $45 a shirt I would feel like I was robbing the place.

sshiiittt! I have to go before I head to work sunday.

• 4 months later...
Went to the BB store in Toronto today. Here's what I found:

-Extra slim was not slim enough

-the boys sizes are slim, but they have tiny shoulders

-lots of Mynah pictures

does the toronto BB store have any good sales?

• 2 weeks later...

No good sales in Toronto. There was a sale when I was there, but it was so forgettable that I forgot what it was. Its a nice looking store, but the only thing I have to compare it to is an outlet in Cali. It was a little strange. Its a a businessy place and almost every store besides it was closed because I went on a weekend. Strange. The SA had a pseudo-english accent which bothered me. Also lots of staff. The ratio was like 5:1 staff to non-staff ratio.