Slim fit, *low(er) rise*, non-tapered japanese denim

losangeles

What are some options? It seems like most Japanese companies focus on Levi's reproductions, but are there any doing more modern cuts using the same denim? I know Eternal 811 are slim fit, but I think the rise is still upwards up 11". I really like the rise and fit of the Studio D'Artisan SD-103 and 105. Anything similar out there? What about the Samurai s5000vx or S512XX3?

You may want to check out some RRL slim fit on ebay. I just got a pair for dirt cheap the other day and am very impressed with the construction and fit. They're slim fit, low rise, non-tapered, japanese selvage, felled seams, nice indigo. For around 50 bucks, you really can't go wrong. Just make sure you ask the seller what the exact measurements are because they're all over the place. My size 26 measured 31" waist.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Quote:

I'm waiting for the SD web site to make available the natural indigo SD-103s before I get a pair (I already have a pair of the 105s). I'm just looking for some brand variety.

--- Original message by losangeles on Feb 12, 2006 08:35 PM

I'm thinking about getting some 105s myself. Do you have any pictures of you wearing them? Did they fit true to tag size after washing them (assuming you've washed them first)? If you've ever tried on a pair of Bootcut Olas, how would you compare the fit? I'd be interested in any other info you could give me before I buy a pair.