K-pop Appreciation

this past week;s mubank special and recent mucore have been good. taeng and snsd disappointed, but kara was good. AS is boring now, as is orange caramel. 4minute fell off hard, i just skip thru the perf looking for cleave.

on the other hand, kara (lupin, above) did well (nicole wearing panties basically), f(x) and sistar are also enjoyable perfs. IU in nagging is great as well

updated my blog w/ some caps. w/e

what would be the korean 'alternative' (if any) or equivalent to perfume and utada hikaru? all i literally know about kpop is after school (cool but if they weren't babes i doubt i would care) and boa (don't like).

there really isnt an alternative. typical jpop and typical kpop (and consequently popular jpop and popular kpop) sound different. and for almost all of the kpop girl groups we talk about here, we wouldnt care also if they werent babes.

edit: but u can check out snsd and kara. they are pretty similar to perfume. at least from what i can remember about perfume. as for utada, i consider her a ballad singer, and i dont listen to enuff female k-balladeers to give u a good recommendation

there really isnt an alternative. typical jpop and typical kpop (and consequently popular jpop and popular kpop) sound different. and for almost all of the kpop girl groups we talk about here, we wouldnt care also if they werent babes.

edit: but u can check out snsd and kara. they are pretty similar to perfume. at least from what i can remember about perfume. as for utada, i consider her a ballad singer, and i dont listen to enuff female k-balladeers to give u a good recommendation

thanks, i'll check them out. are these groups like snsd and after school just formed by media companies (like morning musume in japan) with a rotating group roster when one of the girls hit 21?

they are all created by media companies, but they don't have a rotating group roster. All of SNSD are 19+ now, few of them are already 21 I think. SNSD has all original members, I'm not so sure about After School though.

But After School has like 5 members over 21 (2 over 26)

Japan has a thing for young young idols.

thanks, i'll check them out. are these groups like snsd and after school just formed by media companies (like morning musume in japan) with a rotating group roster when one of the girls hit 21?

afaik, kpop groups don't "graduate" members like jpop groups (akb48, momusu, etc.); for the most part, members leave because of some personal action and are just replaced soon after..

haven't heard much from perfume sans "fushizen na girl", and I can't think of any kpop groups off the top of my head that fit that electropop genre. if you're looking for utada-type stuff, closest artist that isn't boa would be lee hyori, but she doesn't do much ballads if that's what you're looking for