Visvim a/w09

dralfonzo

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legit check?

Never seen this colorway and cant find any info on it...

Thought these only came in solid colorways, this is burgundy and navy stripes?

Bjf5EZwCGkKGrHqIOKj4Es5uwNLcVBLT03S.jpg

Thanks

I saw that on ebay too

sold for pennies compared to what the new ones go for...

too bad it was an L

I think that china as a nation is at a crossroads in quality of manufacturing. The issue is that the brand equity of the nation is still low. As they have a non uniform baseline of quality. Made in Japan used to elicit the same response that made in China does today. The issue is not simply whether something was made in China, but where in the nation state it was produced and under what quality control scheme.

D.

need a quick opinion. Is the visvim homer tote bag unisex ?

I think this is a personal and regional question. I think that it is unisex in that it is not obviously styled for either gender. I have considered copping the orange one. I know in some parts of the world totes are unisex by definition. I many regions of the USA it might get stares, but who cares rock what you want and shrug off the less enlightened.

D.

I think that china as a nation is at a crossroads in quality of manufacturing. The issue is that the brand equity of the nation is still low. As they have a non uniform baseline of quality. Made in Japan used to elicit the same response that made in China does today. The issue is not simply whether something was made in China, but where in the nation state it was produced and under what quality control scheme.

D.

Agreed, in addition to the fact there are more and more joint ventures between Chinese and Japanese companies which combines the best of both worlds.

Agreed, in addition to the fact there are more and more joint ventures between Chinese and Japanese companies which combines the best of both worlds.

cosign.

however, the profit margins must still be obscenely big compared to making their shoes in visvim's homeland of japan or even korea.

considering how much they talk about their worldwide sourcing of the best materials, its just surprising for many to see them manufacturing in china. especially while their prices move up every season. maybe the material cost have to be offset by the manufacturing?

compare them to nom de guerre, who despite moving production to japan, have proposed a distribution solution to lower their prices this upcoming season.

cosign.

however, the profit margins must still be obscenely big compared to making their shoes in visvim's homeland of japan or even korea.

considering how much they talk about their worldwide sourcing of the best materials, its just surprising for many to see them manufacturing in china. especially while their prices move up every season. maybe the material cost have to be offset by the manufacturing?

compare them to nom de guerre, who despite moving production to japan, have proposed a distribution solution to lower their prices this upcoming season.

i'm wondering the same question as well...

how would there product move to China (much cheaper cost) produce the price can be higher that much season by season.... i used to working as a garment department and get enough knowledge regarding the different with the cost from China making or Japan or Euro~

for example a piece of shirt produce by China will cost for US$2 dollars ~

but as the same thing produce by Japan going cost for US$8-10 dollars.

i have no idea how expensive did they bought there material for~ but one thing for sure that China able to provide the fastest deadline schedule & lowest cost to the company prospect.

ps: Went to Joyce(hong kong) find that the Mastermind x Visvim skagway cost HK$ 6900 (which appro US$ 840)~ canvas material with MIC (Made in china) product .

Worth it or not? depend on you .