MiharaYushiro S/S 2010

inaya

Nice stuff, but what is with everything throwing paint onto shit this season. I am not paying Abercrombie & Fitch $80 for some ugly ripped jeans and I sure as hell am not going to drop a handful of bills on pants that have crap all over them.

wow, all that equipment and still the fucktard photographers take bad pictures...

the collection was really nice, Mihara was inspired by The Little Prince which showed in the giant starry skies projected onto the walls (not visible in pics sadly) and in some ways in the outfits as well. it was definately one of the nicest shows during fashion week, I'm glad I went :)

Always loved Mihara Yashuhiro's colour palette (as limited as it is) and other than the aforementioned "distressed" nonsense, this is just great. Especially when put into context of The Little Prince, which makes sense on closer inspection.

wow, all that equipment and still the fucktard photographers take bad pictures...

the collection was really nice, Mihara was inspired by The Little Prince which showed in the giant starry skies projected onto the walls (not visible in pics sadly) and in some ways in the outfits as well. it was definately one of the nicest shows during fashion week, I'm glad I went :)

Agreed, the show was really impressive. I didnt see you there sadly.

Went to the viewing today and after handling every piece i did not leave disappointed in any way.

i read that mihara's jazz-pianist wife did a cover of "wonderwall" for the shows soundtrack? the concept behind this collection (including the little prince influence) is definitely enthralling.

after last season's near-flawless offering, mihara did a great job. i'm hard-pressed to find a favorite look from this collection; aside from the paint splatters, most of it is tight as all get out.

i read that mihara's jazz-pianist wife did a cover of "wonderwall" for the shows soundtrack? the concept behind this collection (including the little prince influence) is definitely enthralling.

ohh, I didn't know it was his wife. the music was indeed a jazz piano sounding version of Wonderwall which set the mood very nicely.

miharayasuhiro had the sickest bag i've ever seen when I visited his store in HK. It was a collabroation with jas MB, but it was basically this tote bag that had two spiral zippers cutting through the leather. when you unzipped everything, the bag just turned into one really long strip of leather. It was unbelievably cool

my photos and a short review: http://scoute.org/blog/?p=244

cover.jpg

Paris - Mihara Yasuhiro has been gracing the Paris runways with highly wearable, yet interesting and conceptual collections for several years. This season made no difference as the Japanese designer was heavily influenced by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s The Little Prince - a theme that could easily be poorly exploited, but clearly not in Yasuhiro’s hands. The show was initiated with images of a star filled galaxy projected onto the walls surrounding the runway aisles, the room otherwise completely dark. The calmness was followed by the sound of a revving engine, perhaps a spaceship, and a beautiful interpretation of Wonderwall performed by Yasuhiro’s jazz-pianist wife. The garments began following the story of the Prince being stranded in the desert, shown through shades of beige along with loose silhouettes, desert boots and sandals. The story was carried on, following with looks inspired the universe and the Prince’s home on an asteroid, with darker garments showing metallic details and paint splatter symbolizing galaxies. The author of the book, a WW1 veteran fighter pilot, played an influence on the last patch of looks, showing various military influences which Yasuhiro is often recognized for. The collection was finalized by a crown headed prince wandering slowly down the dark runway, only lit by a small spotlight. A grand finale for an exceptionally well planned runway show, which was among the finest moments of fashion week.