Naked and Famous vs. APC

Crazy

Hey Guys,

I tried this in the small questions thread and I didn't get any decent responses, so I made a thread. I'm looking at a pair of either the APC PS, or the Naked & Famous Skinny Guy in Natural Indigo Revival. I've tried on both in person and they fit pretty similarly, but the Skinny Guys look lighter and I'm wondering how they will fade. I've heard that Natural Indigo takes a little more to knock off, but rope dying alleviates some of this (Naked & Famous claim to do something called "long chain" dying, is this the same?) I'm also wondering if the N&F will stretch as much as APC. I'm looking for some fairly quick, defined fades, as this will be my first pair of decent raw denim. I haven't seen any faded examples up here, so even if people have predictions it would be appreciated. Since I live Canada, the APCs are $50 more (N&F $150, APC $200). With that in mind, which should I choose?

Thanks

NANDF are complete shit jeans. They look poorly made. I hate how cheap the outside hem looks.

Apc is better.

This thread is the worst thread ever and you are the worst poster ever. I am neg repping you.

Wow, zubin don't be a fag, take your hate elsewhere.

Naked and famous jeans are great and are made in Canada, while APC jeans are made in Macau. Both of them make a great starting pair.

i dont even know why, but here it goes:

Are you brain dead? The whole fucking point of this thread is absolutely stupid and counters what the raw denim culture encompasses. You say "I'm looking for some fairly quick, defined fades, as this will be my first pair of decent raw denim." Why not just buy some prewashed jeans to get the effect you are going for? Breaking in a pair of raw denim takes time. You want easy fades? you already know the brands: APC and Nudie. Both of those jean companies have their own thread with MORE THAN ENOUGH information to answer any question you might have. Starting a thread to address your particular question because you are too lazy to do any of the research yourself is fucking lame. Put in work like everyone else.

and ice4real:

you obv. arent up-to-date on what high-end/quality denim is (or 16 yo). If you have ever compared NF to any other reputable jean you will notice a lot of the minor details that are lacking on the NF. Lurk more.

you obv. arent up-to-date on what high-end/quality denim is (or 16 yo). If you have ever compared NF to any other reputable jean you will notice a lot of the minor details that are lacking on the NF. Lurk more.

well, N&F isn't claiming to be high-end, and neither is APC. you get what you pay for.

as for the OP's question, a lot of people run into the same fork when they are choosing a start pair.. with APC you obviously get fades fast but with N&F there haven't really been any pics posted, so I can't really tell you how the revivals will do over time.

the only decent fades that have come out of the N&F posts is this one:

http://www.onsomevs.com/v1/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=135:setting-the-store-straight-on-selvage-denim&catid=48:twerkle-&Itemid=73

and funny enough it's better than most of the APC fades you see.

from what i can see with APC you're looking at a very standard jean, no frills, whereas with n&f you get more choices when it comes to washes and whatnot...

n&f and apc are both reasonably priced brands that offer incredibly average jeans. buy whichever has a cut that fits you the best and stop obsessing about how they'll fade. if it's raw denim and you wear it, it will fade. period.

This thread is the worst thread ever and you are the worst poster ever. I am neg repping you.

i still believe the "how to turn my jeans into man capris" thread is the rock bottom worst.

this fits in the "don't let the internet dress you" file.

cop the naked and famous

this way I can avoid seeing another of the 3248092384 APCs on the evo thread.

I'm surprised people didn't answer you on the small questions thread, 'cause this definitely belongs there. Did you post a long "no one wants to read this" paragraph there too?

N&F on par with or arguably better than APC in some respects

off the top of my head:

An excellently priced 21oz japanese selvedge denim offering

tonnes of different materials

Solid cuts

Generally priced well

Japanese denim, made in Canada

i kinda repeated myself but you get the idea... wide variety to choose from and good construction

I would go for the N&F

I own jeans by boths companies, a pair of Weird Guys and a pair of New Standards, and frankly you can't go wrong either way.

N&F are certainly a good choice if you want to be "different" in that they aren't overly popular

APCs are a good choice due to the fairly good repuatation they have established

If all else fails, buy both or pick the one that fits you better!

I was trying to make the decision between the NS and the weird guys. I ended up choosing N&F because they aren't as mainstream (yet). And they were cheaper. I honestly think the quality is pretty similar. APC has more reputation, but N&F is decent and the quality is excellent for the money, much better than Nudies IMO.

i dont even know why, but here it goes:

Are you brain dead? The whole fucking point of this thread is absolutely stupid and counters what the raw denim culture encompasses. You say "I'm looking for some fairly quick, defined fades, as this will be my first pair of decent raw denim." Why not just buy some prewashed jeans to get the effect you are going for? Breaking in a pair of raw denim takes time. You want easy fades? you already know the brands: APC and Nudie. Both of those jean companies have their own thread with MORE THAN ENOUGH information to answer any question you might have. Starting a thread to address your particular question because you are too lazy to do any of the research yourself is fucking lame. Put in work like everyone else.

and ice4real:

Zubin, it's a matter of opinion. A pair of APC where I live costs about 200 Canadian while a pair of basic N&F costs 120. Why don't you take price into consideration before posting, thanks. ;)

i disagree with you hella hyphy. NF quality vs. apc goes in favor to apc.. NF looks so cheap and cheesy in person. I think its because of the outer seam.

go with apc

edit: i didnt consider the price because i normally dont when buying a pair of jeans. Especially if ill be keeping that pair for years

It's obvious Zubin what your vote is. I don't think anyone here is claiming that N&F is the pinnacle of Denim construction. But neither is APC. You are completely entitled to think that they are "cheep and cheesy," but as was stated in the beginning, this is going to be his first pair of decent raw denim. So even though it would be nice to be able to blow $400 on a pair of jeans without thinking, you can't blame the guy for considering the price.

It's obvious Zubin what your vote is. I don't think anyone here is claiming that N&F is the pinnacle of Denim construction. But neither is APC. You are completely entitled to think that they are "cheep and cheesy," but as was stated in the beginning, this is going to be his first pair of decent raw denim. So even though it would be nice to be able to blow $400 on a pair of jeans without thinking, you can't blame the guy for considering the price.

What Zubin was right in was how retarded this thread is. Why are we giving this guy any quarter at all?

Guest bambam

naked and famous are great jeans for the price, and zubin, honestly, what is there to hate on?

http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/?page_id=90

outer seam? what? i don't know what jeans you're into but as far as the favorites on sufu go you could do A LOT worse as far as corny detailing and branding goes.

and ppl who hate on the leather patch are cock scrapes

samurai S5000AI-10SP FTW

durrrr look at me. in a this or that thread i will reply with a third choice completely out of the price range of the original two choices, thus defying the purpose of the thread >: ) bahahahaha im so goddamn clever jesus christ i just cummed on my leg

yeah it really comes down to the fit.

I think the difference is whether you're going to save up and get 300 dollar quality raw denim , or you're gonna settle for 150 dollar quick fading, quick disposal jeans..

Cut the kid some fucking slack. Quit being internet bullies and just answer the question. There is very little info on naked and famous here, so I think this thread is decent in finding out more about NF, like the OP is.

Anyhow, I've tried on NF, and the denim feels like it could tear within a week of wearing. I personally felt like it was very cheapley made, and extremely light weight.

I own a pair of APC's and the denim feels far more durable and better in overall quality.

Actually Zubin, from all the threads i've read, I seem to notice PBJ and Samuri's fade much faster and more noticeably than APC's do, so you can't take price into account.

I think the difference is whether you're going to save up and get 300 dollar quality raw denim , or you're gonna settle for 150 dollar quick fading, quick disposal jeans..

Go look at the PBJ thread. Those fade noticeably in about a month. And those aren't quick disposal. Apc's don't start getting good fades till 6 months, and plenty of people keep their apc's for up to two years. 150 dollars for, let's say, 18 months wear...? seems like a smart buy to me

Hey guys, did I remember to mention how much more I spend on my jeans than you? Cause I think I forgot to point that out. It's three hundred, by the way. Three hundred dollars. You got that? You want me to write a note for you? Three. Three hundred. Dollars.

Is durability all you guys care about? Taking fades into account, I have a pair of $15 levi's which has lasted me a good 3 years, but it looks like crap. Similarly, the only good looking pair of APCs I've seen are from meta. APCs just lose their color way too fast. From personal experience, expensive denim keeps their color even when washed frequently while cheap jeans (think APC and Nudie) are pretty much completely ruined when washed too early (I learned that the hard way). If all we cared about was durability, I'm sure the entire forum would be satisfied wearing STFs.

If the OP is still going to go for a cheaper pair of jeans, I would still recommend him buy a pair of 3Sixteens and show us how they turn out. Hopefully (most likely) they'll be better than the other couple billions of APC's on the evolution thread.

plenty of people keep their apc's for up to two years

Lies. Most people have trouble wearing any of their denim diligently for even a year, much less two.

everybody has gotta start somewhere right? most people start with apc, nudie or n&f then move on to something better, why not let this guy do this in peace

to answer the op's question, and to repeat what a few others have said already. get neither, exposed coin pocket selvage looks weird and apcs stretch like crazy, and check out the 3sixteen