SD-103 - 2 Months - Pics

Geowu

I've been reading this thread, but I'm still a little confused on the SD-103 waist size. I wear a 29 in Nudie RRDS and Sugarcane after a cold soak. I wear a 28 in raw Dior. I always get confused when they say it'll shrink down to tag size because all my jeans seem bigger. For example, my 29 Nudies all measure about 31". Should I size up to a 30 or stick with a 29, which is what usually works for me.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

griffin, maybe measure the waist of a pair that fits you perfectly, and then order that size, or less (I don't understand, but my 34's seem to be different than minya's. they seem to measure more than 34, whereas minya's seem to measure less?)

hey griff, the waist size is pretty dead on i think. like all raw jeans they will stretch a good amount,but un-sanforized stretching will take a lot longer since its tougher than softer sanforized jeans.

depends on you how you want to manage the stretching. i bought a 32 cold soaked for a few hours shrunk to 30. a few months of wear stretched to a 34.

the rule of getting the smallest size possible only to be able to button to the top never fails.

better not to size up,you have to account for the stretching.

Quote:

I've been reading this thread, but I'm still a little confused on the SD-103 waist size. I wear a 29 in Nudie RRDS and Sugarcane after a cold soak. I wear a 28 in raw Dior. I always get confused when they say it'll shrink down to tag size because all my jeans seem bigger. For example, my 29 Nudies all measure about 31". Should I size up to a 30 or stick with a 29, which is what usually works for me.

--- Original message by griffin on Mar 11, 2006 05:10 PM

it depends how you like to wear your jeans, but this is how I would do:

measure around your hips, pull a little but not too hard and of course not too loose

subtract 2 from that, they will stretch out 1 inch and you need to go down one inch to be able to wear them without a belt.

If they are tagged 30 they will measure 30 after a wash and about 31 after stretching.

Geowu have you washed your jeans? I thought you were still wearing them unwashed.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Mar 12, 2006 at 06:31 AM

Just got my SD-003 today and all I can say is WOW. I was really, really digging my Denime 66Lowrise, but these SD's simply blow them away. LH twill, purple selvage, incredible color (they seem grayish/purplish, maybe because the warp thread is really dark as opposed to white).

I got a pair of one-wash in size 32. Measurements - waist 31.5", inseam 35.75", rise 10", hem 8". I highly recommend these jeans.

They're pretty stiff and wrinkled right now, but here are some pics of them on.

sd-003-01.jpg

sd-003-02.jpg

sd-003-03.jpg

And in a fit of true denim nerdiness, I broke out my other denim for a group picture.

lotsodenim.jpg

From L to R: RRDS, SSLE, Evisu JP 2017, DH Raw 21cm, DH Raw Black 21cm, R&B RB6b black, Denim 66Lowrise, Studio D'Artisan SD-003 (LH twill)

Quote:

looks like the RRDS are the only ones with any fading going on...

kinda hard to break so many in, yeah?

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on Mar 16, 2006 09:10 AM

Yeah... I've got some pairs I'm intent on wearing hard to get some good fading (Denime, SSLE, SD-003) and others that are my "neat" denim. I was going to work on the Denimes for a little while but now I don't know...

• 3 weeks later...

ok, I just tried to take pictures of mine and they were shit. I am not a photographer. Damn.

Anyhow, mine look similar to yours, horriblyjollyjinx. Lots of fading in the thigh/whisker area, some very subtle honeycombs developing. I think I might start starching the shit out of the backs of the knees... I want badass honeycombs.

I have a few questions about SD...

Are the only STF jeans the ones with XX? Or all they are all STF?

Are the size measurements listed on their site taken before or after shrinkage?

What's the difference between the natural indigo and pure indigo?

I'm assuming pure means synthetic, but how does that affect the denim?

What model is closest fit to APC Rescues?

I'm guessing either 101's or 301's.

Thanks for the help.

all SD's except the 200 series are unsanforized, shrink to fit.

Measurements are after shrinkage.

synthetic and natural indigo has the exact same chemical structure, but some say that natural indigo will fade differently. I have seen pics of a few jeans with natural indigo and to be honest I have seen much better fades from synthetic indigo dyed jeans.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Quote:

all SD's except the 200 series are unsanforized, shrink to fit.

Measurements are after shrinkage.

synthetic and natural indigo has the exact same chemical structure, but some say that natural indigo will fade differently. I have seen pics of a few jeans with natural indigo and to be honest I have seen much better fades from synthetic indigo dyed jeans.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Apr 4, 2006 03:20 PM

typically natural indigo won't give the contrast of fade that synthetic will

horriblyjollyjinx, could you help me decide on what size to go with for the SD-201's?

I measured where I wear my pants, and it's 35"

I want a pretty slim fit, so taking into consideration stretching I was thinking of going with the 33's.

Do you think that will be too tight?

Also do you happen to have any pics of your 201's? (I think I read that you own them, unless I'm mistaken)

Thanks.