Stronghold World Tour

Medine

Had a dentist appointment yesterday, here is a pic before I left.

4422509663_98044417ac_o.jpg

Here are my teeth they pulled out...

4422506705_2dac96c111_o.jpg

Here is the bridge they put in...

4422506777_7b68c1f500_o.jpg

my gums are all bruised and full of stitches.

This should not slow me down but it does feel weird

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my way to Chicago but I shot some video of the pocket bags being printed this morning. I'll post more pics when I get in tomorrow.

Pocket bag 1

JdjZQnuNnfI

Pocket bag 2

O9rXTgC4L8M

edit:

2nd video fixed

is there any way to buy stronghold without being in la? i didnt see anything like a shop on their website, is it like ooe and just email?

"is there any way to buy stronghold without being in la? i didnt see anything like a shop on their website, is it like ooe and just email?"

If you are near Brooklyn, I saw a pair in Smith & Butler last week (not certain the model)/

FYI they also have Telleson and LVC.

Finally some updates!

Went out last night to AMC River East to see Hot Tube Time Machine.

Bus Stop...

jimmy-007.jpg

jimmy-006.jpg

Didn't go see this one but my girlfriend saw a resemblance..

jimmy-005.jpg

jimmy-004.jpg

on the bus headed downtown (check out the dude in front of me in his Man Fur. The vegetarian in me wanted to throw up all over him).

jimmy-003.jpg

retrieving tickets for the TIME MACHINE!!

jimmy-002.jpg

at Shaw's after the movie dropping mad Lincons and Hamiltons..

jimmy-008.jpg

Cab ride home. Movie candy left overs in hand

jimmy-001.jpg

last pic...

CAT - HEAD - FOOT.

kittyKatfoot.gif

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be raWorkshop and then photo. But, honestly, if photo is paying attention to this thread and wants to go next, I say go for it.

pants shipped to raWorkshop today.

They shall be missed.

also, Last call for t-shirt sizes.

If you already have or will wear these in the future email me your size and shipping address.

Thanks to everyone!!!!

Great leg, jimmyc, and thanks a lot for making up the tees!

I sent you my info a while back, so let me know if you did not receive it.

-1-2.jpg

The Stronghold World Tour continues, on tone cuffs and suspenders in full effect. Thanks for the pass along Jimmy!

We'll be out on Long Island, NY for this leg of the tour. There's not much to do out here but I'm an AmeriCorps with Habitat for Humanity so we'll get some houses built before we're done.

• 2 weeks later...

Whiz bang folks! Sorry about the lack of updates. The tour continues.

I was worried as hell that these things wouldn’t fit me but the stretch is just enough that they’re great. A banging slim straight, I normally cuff but the tone on tone cuffs seemed the way to go. The suspenders are stupid fun too.

StrongholdMed1.jpg

So here we are on Long Island, New York, working with Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk for the year. I haven’t gotten out to the work site in the stripes because I work in family services. So here’s the side of Habitat you might not have seen if you’ve done a spring break blitz build or what not. First order of business was delivering homeowner applications to be reviewed by the bank.

StrongholdMed2.jpg

StrongholdMed3.jpg

Long Island is a horrible place to be a cyclist, this blind curve out of the office regularly attracts 50 MPH traffic.

StrongholdMed4.jpg

And off they go.

Proper work attire? Word.

StrongholdMed5.jpg

I led a resume and interview skills class for the neighborhood where we do most of our building (North Bellport/East Patchogue). It’s pretty severely under-served in terms of jobs, opportunity and access. Spent that day getting flyers out to the community.

StrongholdMed6.jpg

But right on the other side of the tracks (literally) from the blighted areas we build in, you’ve got these ultra cushy villages. Tough to see the disparity so close up.

StrongholdMed7.jpg

Back in the hood, at the Bellport Hagerman East Patchogue Alliance, where we taught the class. Good people, but again, terribly under-resourced compared to the lily white areas. The class went well, if under attended.

StrongholdMed8.jpg

Homeowner education class with the strips and straps. All of our homeowners have to go through Financial Fitness, Home Maintenance, and Home Ownership workshops.

StrongholdMed10.jpg

After the class I hit up the thrift near me. Lots of good stuff, too pricey though.

StrongholdMed11.jpg

Osh’Kosh, didn’t but it but might if it’s still there next time.

StrongholdMed12.jpg

Shooting a video with my friend Julio for his Apple application.

StrongholdMed13.jpg

My roommate in a homely little production of The Vagina Monologues

StrongholdMed14.jpg

Last Thursday I went on a walking date with a beautiful young lady stopping in from Denver. We walked from 79th St. down to SoHo, it was a beautiful day.

StrongholdMed15.jpg

StrongholdMed16.jpg

Highline park, which is terrific.

StrongholdMed17.jpg

StrongholdMed18.jpg

She’s an architect so she was forgiving of my need to geek out when we cruised by Self Edge. The staff were great as always, despite the fact that I can’t buy anything on an AmeriCorps budget.

StrongholdMed19.jpg

Not pictured was me picking up my motorcycle in the back lawn today. The rain softened up the mud and it ate shit. :( But

The

Tour

Continues.

Great update, raWorkshop! Many of my programs don't happen without the help of my annual Americorps volunteer :) I used to live out in Mattituck and Cutchogue- not too far.

I'm surprised to see the SENY banner looking so good after being out there all winter...

• 4 weeks later...

Whacko, here we are again!

4619683774_b6e5251f40.jpg

Taking care of business. GS500E to the shop like 3 weeks ago, still not back :mad:

4619685154_7b6b5e32a3.jpg

Watched Stony Brook University play University of Vermont in lacrosse. Stony Brook won big time, which really surprised me.

4619072927_997c1b2fbc.jpg

Went into Brooklyn for the Sunday Brooklyn Flea. Plenty of good stuff to be had here. The location is just beautiful, does anybody know the history? One Hanson.

4619073611_4a586e1bd0.jpg

Then I took the G back to the 1930s. Just kidding, but the New York Transit Museum was kinda neat.

4619090181_2ec587907d.jpg

Pickups from the Flea. An Indian indigo dyed napkin/bandana and a book plate from 1890’s about sewing machines.

4619092953_9ea9d87e1a_b.jpg

Detail on the book plate. You can see the original style single thread chain-stitch thread, and how obviously vulnerable it would be to a thread break.

4619075539_720a704311.jpg

Now we head out to the worksite to raise the walls on our newest Habitat for Humanity homeowners house.

4619695502_0cc5d5263f.jpg

4619697426_3c96723360.jpg

4619085249_b3058307f4.jpg

4619700872_715e61e5eb.jpg

4619077619_e9de042101.jpg

This house is a Women Build project so no boys allowed on the worksite. Thankfully me and my dude had other plans like swinging on this righteous ass vine in the back yard.

4619693020_803798a805.jpg

I want this vine on call 24/7 for emergency prince of persia tactics.

4619702424_8a213e81d9.jpg

Workwear.

4619694216_824fa6f96c.jpg

But that’s it from me. These pants are sweet, gonna miss them. Who is up next?