POPEYES: Appreciation Thread

• 1 month later...

^i don't fuck with their mac and cheese but sub that for some Cajun rice and that's my shit. Had it for lunch today as a matter of fact.

But on that note, FUCK the canal st popeyes closest to my work for keeping with the canal st tradition of accepting cash exclusively. That's some bullshit popeyes, you know I hardly ever carry cash cmon now..

I live in Houston but I'm originally from New Orleans, the birthplace of the original Popeyes and I have to say that Popeyes food outside of New Orleans tend to be rather bland and of lesser quality. At first I thought it was some mental bullshit that I had but I found out that it's notjust me. Al Copeland (now dead) the owner of the chain and a N.O. native sold the chain years ago but maintained a few joints back home so he did personal quality control on it. So, the spices in the food have a more authentic Cajun flavor. I cant even eat Popeyes here in Houston...the red beans taste like paste and the chicken isnt spicy at all. With all the great food we have in N.O. I still make a pitstop to Popeyes when I go back just to have the real shit.

• 3 weeks later...

i copped after class with no trouble +mashed potatoz

bish behind the counter told me it was a 9piece when she handed it to me

when i got in the car to count it was only 8. got my hopes and dick up

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah man...and there was even a "Super Popeyes" back home. Not sure if they still have it...but they sold shit like blackened fish and sweet heat honey chicken wings.......God damn im hungry now.

This is true. I used to live in New Orleans and the one here isn't as good. It's still great but the New Orleans popeyes is the best "fast food" in the world. Are there any good coupons or deals right now? Me and my friend are going to make the journey to the popeyes a few towns over

My Popeye's has been having really small pieces lately. :mad:

I'm accustomed to the mammoth mud-flap breast, and the wing with 2 pounds of rib meat hanging off it. This shit lately is bite-size in comparison.