Denim Wiki

amardeep

people need to get off their asses and start editing this denim wiki. it has great potential and will only be as cool as we allow it to be. Some of the most popular Japanese brands on superfuture don't have a single picture yet. I know you guys are holdin out...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

word to that, thanks for the support.

posting in the wiki is pretty much copypasting your sufu post and deleting the image tags, and adding a little bit of info that helps other denim lovers. lets keep it going!

Kato, Wrangler, Left Field, Sunrise Japan, Sling and Stone, Up north, Atelier La Durance, Real Mccoys, Edwin, Mizra, Denime, Free Rage, Jean Shop *breathe in, breathe out* Denim Junkie, 45rpm, The Steam Locomotive, Ooe Yofukuten, Takumi, Studio Zero, Yen Jeans, Engine, Burgus Plus of my head.

Also isn't Real japan blue and momotaro the same brand?

hey amar, the wiki is a great idea and I plan on contributing as much as i can. Any way we could have a parantheses next to the brand name with the number of contributions? Like " The Flat Head (10) " and so on. This way, we could know which brands need people to contribute and it would also help users from clicking on empty posts and avoid "disappointment"

Alright, brands page is unlocked.

and good idea sayocean, i wish I could write code for that but I have no idea how to implement it into the wiki, so it'll have to be done manually.

i'll make a quick pass right now and do it. feel free to help, anyone :)

edit:done. damn that made me realize how few entries there actually are.

not to sound like a dick, but pics of unworn jeans aren't really necessary. it's supposed to be more of a giant collection of faded jeans, a lot like what xxx-gallery.heavy.jp was.

the pbjs look nice though who8!

i was thinking of just going through every brand thread and putting them on the wiki, but that feels wrong.

then again, posting it in a public forum is no different than a public wiki, so I guess you can go ahead and take them. only problem is a lot of people don't post wear, wash, and sizing info, but as long as there are photos i guess it'll be fine.

ill start doing that tomorrow, trying to sew some arcs onto my 811s right now :)

not to sound like a dick, but pics of unworn jeans aren't really necessary. it's supposed to be more of a giant collection of faded jeans, a lot like what xxx-gallery.heavy.jp was.

the pbjs look nice though who8!

I thought about that too, but the s5003 isn't a common cut and denim so I figured some people might be curious to see what it looks like *shrug*

i think the problem is that too many people give up on their jeans without putting wear on them. imo, raws pic would be fine if there were pics of progress but kind of pointless of its there just for a fit pic and you know for a fact you wont be putting any wear on them.

i think the problem is that too many people give up on their jeans without putting wear on them. imo, raws pic would be fine if there were pics of progress but kind of pointless of its there just for a fit pic and you know for a fact you wont be putting any wear on them.

Not pointless. Showing what the jeans looked like before give people a good frame of reference to as how much the jeans have evolved. I think that each article should have a picture of the denim before it has faded, in its raw / one-wash state.

Why not include raw pics?

The evolution really becomes clear when you can compare it next to same jeans still unworn...

Yeah...showing the contrast between worn and raw would be really useful for people getting into denim, or to show non-denimheads exactly why we get excited about this shit.

Name and shame :P

Raw photos are fine as long as there's only 1 per model, and there's evo pics to go along with it. I just thought only raw pics for the S5003 was kind of pointless if theres no faded pics to go along with it.

Anyone know any good "explanations" behind the philosophy of raw denim? I feel like adding something of the sort to the site, and it'd be great if one already existed that I could get the rights to instead of writing one from scratch.