Denim Wiki

amardeep

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened to the plan to have the photos hosted on the site itself?

*posting update on my contribution

I can't get past the fact that you can only upload one photo at a time, and the size requirements of the photo are a little stingy. I'll check over the php code and shit to see if theres any manual way to set them

weekly bump time?!

also who8, i'm not exactly sure who the sufu heads even are. if anyone here has a good relationship with them and could talk to them about this, mod status on the wiki will be obtained!

I added my S0505s....

• 5 weeks later...

I think this is a great idea but for some reason people are not adding their jeans. Maybe you can PM some of the folks on here to see if you can add them. No reason a good idea should fall by the wayside because some folks are flakes.

Dude, no need for raw pics. Just put them up there all worn in and shit.

I pmed a bunch of people a month ago that i saw in the evo thread, asking them to add their photos. 0 people that i asked actually did it/responded, so thats not too successful of a method.

maybe you can ask them if it was ok, if you loaded up the photos? guess some don´t want to go through the struggle of a new posting method on wiki...

if you add a category for uniqlo i will add my made in japan ones. will try to get pics of my PBJ 008s as well, both are really new, so i will have to update in 6 months, and a year.

• 4 weeks later...

sup guys

So i pmed cottonduck about a possible sticky for the DenimWiki, and while he's said he will consider it, he brought up some very good issues about the site that I will begin to address.

Ideally, this site is supposed to be a medium between superdenim and the "general population" for lack of a better term. When you have friends that ask you about your raw denim, I want this site to be the go-to place where you can find the philosophy behind it, along with many different progress pics from users around the world. Currently, the closest thing we have to that now is either the evo thread and the xxx-gallery, both of which sort of immediately delve into specific aspects of denim rather then the general, so that would probably confuse most outsiders. Cotton has suggested looking at this from an outsider's point of view, and doing so I realize that there is a ton of information still to be added, as right now it is pretty much a photo-only site with very little info. I'll be going around and asking members if I can use their little write-ups for certain subjects on this site for the wiki. It'd also be greatly appreciated if anyone would like to write a little something of their own for either specific brands or on a new, "philosophy of raw denim" page which I can add to a new information section.

Cotton has also suggested including raw pics of every denim model in addition to all of your faded pics. Initally I was opposed to this, but realized that from an outsiders point of view, it would only make the connection easier, and therefore these next few days I will be adding raw pics to every model from every brand that is currently on DenimWiki. I hope some of you can take just a little bit of time out and add raw pics to just a few brands and models, and with enough help it will be easily finished in a couple of days.

Sorry for the essay, i just think that with these issues addressed, DenimWiki can really take off and create much more interest in people that do not know about communities like superfuture and the like.

Thank you.

-amardeep s.

once they fade a bit, i will post some pics of the uniqlo MIJ jeans that i posted in their raw state already.

i will post my PBJ008s when they have visible fading as well.

I agree. More info on denim. Process, history, culture, etc. Washing styles, etc.