I need an explanation:

sonicvoodoo

Ok, so it's no secret that I'm an old fart. A reeeeaaally old fart.

Some of you delight in reminding me of just how old I am. You tell me that my time has come and gone and I'm not relevant anymore; and, that's cool. I embrace my age. I have no choice.

You guys keep insisting how super cool you are. You know, that you're next level and that you "get it"

Now I have a question:

If you're so mature, worldly and knowledgeable, why do some of you cry foul when I confront you or call you out on something? It's like you wanna go hide under mommy's skirt and complain to her that the "big ole man" is scaring you.

You tell me I need to "act my age" and that an old dude shouldn't be picking on a bunch of "youngsters"

kind of a mixed message. no?

I visit boards like this to help me stay in touch with pop culture. It's something that's important to me, for various reasons. It's gotta be obvious by now, that I'm not an ordinary 50+ year old.

I used to come here with envy. Envy that I wasn't 22 anymore.

Visiting places like this has help me come to grips with my aging. I still miss not being able to whip a down the line backhand the way I did 30 years ago,or throwing a baseball 91 mph but I'm grateful for all the experiece and knowledge I've gained that now fills the void left by my now gone physical abilities.

and, and what exactly is the age of maturity anyway?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love sonicvoodoo's post kids pls pls pls leave him alone ok? he aint done nothing wrong really.. for me ? i mean so what when he's 50 or even 60? jeez at least sufu will be diverse right? seriously,..

I think you're missing the intent of my post. This is in no way a plea for leniency. I just wanna know why some are big bad dudes sometimes and scared little brats other times

@mrchariybrown, if you have posted fits, they've made no impression on me cuz I don't remember...you can link me if you'd like. I'm not searching tho

honestly this is a bad part of being a old codger. You think the interwebzzzz means things. Like the world used to mean something. Like it all had a point. What you are sloppily learning is that the web. Especially message board fourm fashion things mean nothing. And time spent figuring them out is time not well spent. I would say you already got the hang of it based on how bitchy you have been. So your half way there. Just stop looking for meaning. Also, perhaps post less in the trash if your looking to gleam any real insights. You and haptronic should start a thread together and take it all very seriously, talk about gas light and ration coupons. That might help too.

Just my thoughts.

you need some pussy

is your mom busy tonite? tlab06.gif

again,my intent eludes many of you.

I don't take anything on the Net seriously; and I've been surfing longer than some of have been alive.

My OP questions why some of you love to dish it but can't take it, and then claim your young age as an excuse.

I am not relevant cuz I'm old and your not culpable cuz your young.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

my mantra:

"if you talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk"

wow. a mom joke.

i understand your beef with this site and all (and all your ramblings in your OP), but an "act your age" comment is very appropriate here.