PROJECT SHOW, NYC

HUNCHBAK

I would love to see an industry forum. As a guy just breaking into the business.....and being based in Portland, Maine......information is pretty hard to come by. It has taken me a year to figure out how to achieve the look I wanted. The dyeing process alone seemed to take forever to figure out. While I wouldn't be willing to give away everything I've spent a year figuring out how to do.....I would be more than happy to point people in the right direction in terms of vendors. etc.

I realized early on that the hype thing wasn't ever going to work for me. I look like a lumberjack....sound like a lumberjack (Maine accent)....and I'm not doing Paris Hilton. I don't wear a funny hat and a scarf.....and don't know a single "important" person. If people like my work it will be because of the work.....and have nothing to do with hype. It certainly makes things more difficult but it has made me focus on the technical aspects of my line. If the product is technically innovative, and visually interesting, to even a tiny segment of the market, then you have a chance to sustain a real business. I'm complelely vertically integrated.....I do everything in-house except cut and sew my shirts. I'm working on a cut and sew program right now....I'm waiting to see what happens at the Pool Show before committing another big slug of capitol to my own shirts, hoodies, hats, etc.

Anyway....consider me "on board" if an industry forum ever gets off the ground.

Conceived and executed on the working waterfront of Portland, Maine. [email protected]

a forum for this would be nice but i would say there needs to be people that are willing to contribute.

i know a lot of older heads don't wanna give out info or trade secrets for the new kids because its all about experience even tho i'm a new kid :x -- i enjoy experiencing it the hard way even though its frustrating and do need a lil push in the right direction.

i want to attend a show just to experience it w/o paying $50(online) or $60 (at door)

i would pay $20 though icon_smile_big.gif

-

i dont know about this "industry forum." now all the slugs trying to do shit without any research or real creativity know exactly where to go to steal information and insight. if peopel want to talk to me pm me. im not giving any factory info, washing info, pattern making/cut and sew info, store info, etc. to the whole board. call me an ass hole but ive been working too hard to hand it all over.

also our spring line will be up soon. just waiting for my web designer to finish-of course. ill keep you posted.

slugs, kooks, barneys and biters need not apply.