mac tips?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

just got a ibook and well, its dope, its different from the ibm i'm used to.

i can't figure out to do the ctrl+a select all thing, nd the scrolling sucks, but can anyone provide any interesting info/tips to getting used to the mac?

thanks

i mean im not an expert but if you want some advice on how to mack here are a few pointers.

1. if you are on the street plug one side of your nose and chuck snot out the other onto the curb.

2. in the past people thought 5 sprays of cologne was enough. not true today. no less than 13-15 sprays will do. (and none of that spray then walk into it, direct sprays only).

3. i cut all my boxers and attach velcro so i can ceremoniously tear them off if ever in close proximity to a girl.

4. and finally, remember if a girl asks you what you do the only acceptable response is, "i'm a man of leasure."

if you like what you hear i have plenty more.

quiksilver allows you to type the first few letters of an application and almost instantly gives you the option of opening it (ie you don't have to go through finder).

And just a quick question to the person who recommended camino- what does this browser do that safari doesn't? Have found safari fine up until now.

Quicksilver is one of my favorite things about using Macs. It's an application launcher / action automator similar to the built in Spotlight app (which Apple based on Quicksilver) only it works twice as fast and is much more configurable. It's easier to get what it does if you try it than if you have it explained. Free from here:

http://blacktree.com/apps/index.php

check out SKYPE program... its a telephone type service run through your computer... i live in california and its a great way for me to contact my business associates in New York.. AND ITS FREE!! and since MACs have microphones built in. IT WORKS AMAZINGLY!! at no extra costs.. no microphones, no need to buy speakers.. check it out!

Chiming in with support for Adium. I currently communicate via AIM/MSN/Jabber (private server) seamlessly with a sexy skin and intuitive interface. It's heads and tails above any Miranda-type client out there and I wish there was a version for Win that I could use on my desktop. Check it out at: http://www.adiumx.com/ and try out the Morpheus skin.

Quicksilver is another must-have, as mentioned previously. Apple+Space and you just type like.. fire then enter and you have firefox in front of you. It works the same way for any document/mp3/image/etc on your computer.

I really dont think dctmfc has any more status here than anyone else, unless he came back with loads of money, he has had lots of threads moved or locked.

Plus, I think this forum has so many topics that are borderlining supertrash or a more general part forum that doesnt exist(yet?) that I think it'd be hard to start locking this kind of threads now.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

marksound - to your question about camino. The problem with safari sometimes is that it is not supported on all websites, and also has javascript support issues. Camino is a must-have back-up browser for certain sites (i.e. google analytics), or can become your primary like it did for me, because I felt it was much lighter and faster than Safari.

productdose

http://www.productdose.com

Quote:

how is it that this discussion doesn't get locked? if it were me asking this question, minya would be all over me about 'wrong forum'.

--- Original message by giantreptile on Jan 19, 2006 06:59 AM

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Quote:

i mean im not an expert but if you want some advice on how to mack here are a few pointers.

1. if you are on the street plug one side of your nose and chuck snot out the other onto the curb.

2. in the past people thought 5 sprays of cologne was enough. not true today. no less than 13-15 sprays will do. (and none of that spray then walk into it, direct sprays only).

3. i cut all my boxers and attach velcro so i can ceremoniously tear them off if ever in close proximity to a girl.

4. and finally, remember if a girl asks you what you do the only acceptable response is, "i'm a man of leasure."

if you like what you hear i have plenty more.

--- Original message by ok on Jan 18, 2006 06:52 PM

more mackin' tips please.

I tried 1-4 and I got: a disgusted look from a lady, laid twice and got my own stable.

http://www.TheLifeLtd.com