Vintage Flight Jackets In London

Aotearoa

Quote:

I do not know if it helps any, but historypreservation.com seams to specialize in this type of thing, repro's that is.

May be worth looking into if you really want a specific...

--- Original message by HEWSINATOR on Jan 17, 2006 02:41 PM

I found a flight jacket I really like (the B-6), but I wish I could try it on first. I'd really like to know how it fits before I drop nearly a grand on a leather jacket.

If I could try it on and it does end up fitting the way I like, then it's a steal -- I imagine that these repro leather jackets will last at least my entire life.

There used to be so many, but now I think you might be down to American Classics on Endell St - there are a couple others opposite, Interstate and a s/h place. If you ask at American Classics they might know of other dealers. Also Beyond Retro just off Brick Lane - a good selection of leather, but not too many flying jackets when I popped in a couple of weeks ago - go down there on a Sunday and you'll find a few other places on Brick Lane itself. Check out aeroleatherclothing too, might tell you more about manufacturers:

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/webapp/aeroleather/servlet/AeroViewPage?category=AERO%20JACKETS&page=displaysubcats&catid=36

Quote:
Quote: I'd really like to know how it fits before I drop nearly a grand on a leather jacket

Come one man! Are you serious? They aren't that effin' nice.............

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Jan 18, 2006 04:00 PM

Why do you say that? I have no question that repro military gear by Eastman or Buzz Rickson will literally last forever.

Quote:

^^ no....no.......I am not saying that they won't last a long time.....I am just saying paying a grand for a vintage jacket is alot of money...........

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Jan 18, 2006 04:43 PM

Indeed it is, but for a superbly produced garment that looks nice (not sure about that part, which is why I want to try one on icon_smile_tongue.gif) that would last a lifetime it isn't a very high price to pay at all.

i agree with you, minya. a flight jacket is a timeless, classic piece. one that fits perfectly -- and will last forever -- is worth a thousand bucks (esp. when put into the context of 100 dollar sweatshirts and 300 dollar jeans)

you can always talk to someone from the company, get the best size estimate, and order one. you can always exchange it for a different size or ask for a refund if you don't like it.