Comme des Garçons F/W 09.10 Paris

inaya

this is probably her best collection in years, imo. reminds me of her work from the 90s

the whole theme of protection is so beautiful and how she's translated it is magical, with the tulle cocoons restricting the layers underneath to the body and the deconstructed military gear.

:)

Prob my favorite of this season so far.

Interesting is that the crushing volume with tight tulle is something Jonio worked with in one of his pre-paris collections!

And the ones where the pieces seem to only be attached by being crushed under the tule remind me of a really old MMM piece with an extra oversized white wifebeater under a tight tulle tube dress type thing...

Prob my favorite of this season so far.

Interesting is that the crushing volume with tight tulle is something Jonio worked with in one of his pre-paris collections!

And the ones where the pieces seem to only be attached by being crushed under the tule remind me of a really old MMM piece with an extra oversized white wifebeater under a tight tulle tube dress type thing...

i really love the tulle, not only how well she's executed the concept but the encasing concept mixed with the other comfort elements... military gear, blankets, etc.. it's so directional and good. i mean she's never BAD but she was magical in the 90s.

• 4 months later...