Nike Dunks

rabka

Are they really dead??

i kno stabs and court forces are gettin a lot of hype...im still kicking myself for missing the stab release at both foot patrol and grandism...and im seeing a lot of sneaker/shoe/wingtip things goin on especially with visvim..i like that

i sorta got over dunks after i passed over the p-rod mexican blankets, de la soul hi's, and avengers.....and idk the melvins and mitas are pretty sexy

ak

I dono, I like dunks, but not more than any other retro'd shoe. I think they're just getting overplayed right now which is causing everyone who's been in the know for a while to move on to something different. Just way to much hype for every dunk release. Kids don't know that other shoes exist.

Definitely a bit TOO HYPED. But there's not a whole lot you can do. I just kinda started copping (sorry for the NT lingo) some of the other stuff like the SB Tennis Classics, Vandals, etc.

Although I did pick up a pair of the Dunk Hi SB Black/Midnight Fog today at our local shop for 59.99...he'd had em' in the back FOREVER.

Dunks are not dead...no Sir.

Quote:

I think plain, simple colored retro sneakers with a twist, like dunks, superstars etc will be around for ever.

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Jan 14, 2006 11:14 PM

bond.

it's like saying chuck taylors are 'dead'. dunks were always kicking in one way or another and they'll continue to kick regardless of internet hype.

cons all stars are a million times bigger than dunks in the UK right now... been rocked by the indie kids, the trendy kids, the kids who try and be trendy. the scene kids, the emo kids, the metal kids.

ratio of converse all star to nike dunk in the UK is unbelievable.

Quote:

cons all stars are a million times bigger than dunks in the UK right now... been rocked by the indie kids, the trendy kids, the kids who try and be trendy. the scene kids, the emo kids, the metal kids.

ratio of converse all star to nike dunk in the UK is unbelievable.

--- Original message by witts on Jan 15, 2006 06:16 AM

I'd say that goes for the US too. It's just that you don't hear internet hype about the new Chuck colorway or them going for 900 dollars on eBay.

icon_smile_cool.gifstay off that whiskey, and let that cocaine be. icon_smile_cool.gif

dunks shit the bed in '03. and now nike is beating air maxes to death.

Quote: i want to know HOW THE FUCK all of these young kids have enough money to buy 30 different pairs of nike dunks. i spend my money on car, insurance, apartment, food and have enough for a pair of jeans or a shirt and a pair of shoes a month.

well, they still live with their rich parents and don't have any bills to pay.

some people actually have good paying jobs though.

Quote:

yeah nike is totally overdoing it with air maxes right now, just like they did with dunks in 02-04.

i mean i still like air maxes but they'll definitely become "the next dunk".

--- Original message by genemachine on Jan 15, 2006 09:39 AM

or you could just wear whatever shoes you like and not worry too much about it.

i think the dunk low is an amazing shoe, regarless of all the hype ... had many dunks before the sb craze. my personal opinion no other trainer looks better with jeans, people will obviously disagree ... but i love the dunk had loads of other nikes, adidas' and i still love the dunk low

Quote:
Quote:

yeah nike is totally overdoing it with air maxes right now, just like they did with dunks in 02-04.

i mean i still like air maxes but they'll definitely become "the next dunk".

--- Original message by genemachine on Jan 15, 2006 09:39 AM

or you could just wear whatever shoes you like and not worry too much about it.

--- Original message by minya on Jan 15, 2006 09:45 AM

i do, but i also like to wear stuff that not everyone and their mother wears.

i remember buying a pair of white patent leather dunks at champs a couple of years agoo...and i recall some kid telling me how dunks are fake af1s.haha

idk about dunks being around forever..what reallly got the whole dunk onslaught going was extremely clever marketing on nike's part.

stan smiths, chuck taylors, rod lavers---forever

i dont like the lmtd edition maxes that i think alife is goin to carry...the all black but with like a fluorescent pink sole or something..i did like that houndstooth one floating around footlocker

ak

Quote:

classic 2-tone leather dunks w/white midsoles are great, but dunk sb's are painfully wack.

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on Jan 15, 2006 01:18 PM

I like the extra padding that SB dunks have. Keeps my feet warm during the winter.

Quote:

dunks are legit...they are like the gold standerd for sneakers...like the 501's for jeans......although at times they can be overdone or overhyped, people will always fall back on them simply for the fact that they are a great sneaker....

--- Original message by kixslf on Jan 15, 2006 01:44 PM

Hardly. Chuck Taylors as the "gold standard," maybe -- Chucks have been around since 1917.

way too much hype...good thing i dont live in cali or nyc where i'll be wearing a "rare" pair of shoes but i'll see like 10 guys with em on just walkin down to my mailbox. but yea, people who've liked em from the beginning are starting to move on. i'm lookin into way more adidas as you can see by my sig..lol.

i used to be a nikehead...but now i know that adidas is where the real heat is at!

i was never a nike guy, EVER.... never owned a pair of nike shoes in my life, honestly.

then the pusheads graced the world, and before i could grab a pair, everyone and their goddman mom picked one up. i'm not one to troll ebay for a pair of sneakers by a company i'm not even into, so whatever, i missed out...

...but then it gets my fucking goat that a definite 95% of the dolts that bought pusheads haven't even listened to a single record that pushead did the cover art for.

i'm much more about finding lesser known sneaker brands, i've never owned a pair of converse either... weird me.

Quote:

i will still wear dunks but i will just buy the ones that i like

im moving on to something different - new balance

--- Original message by herpsky on Jan 15, 2006 05:35 PM

Isn't buying what you like what it's all about?

Sometimes I truly feel that ppl totally ignore how horrible a shoe may look if the words 'SB' are attached to them.