Imperial SEXI08

TLCA

I'm just hoping they have a 37 or 38 inseam, the SEXI04s are a little long for my taste. I hope they keep the dark back pocket stitching it looks sick.

Why does the inseam matter? The SExI04s weren't chain stitched so you could get them re-hemmed to the length of your choosing for about $5.

Shouldn't this be cheaper? It avoids Imperial paying freight&taxes importing the fabrics, keep their factory running, labours, machines, warehousing, etc and then re-export them to accounts in foreign countries... For me the quality of made in Australia was above par comparing to brands like Nudie(but then again Nudie is getting below standard).

Need photos!!!

Yes it is going to be limited, all self edge collaborations that I know of have only been done in a single run. I wish they would make them in a size 26 as even the 27s in the sexi04 were too big for me, ah well.

I agree the SEXI04's smallest waist is 29 i need a 27 or 28

will this be a limited thing? i noticed even the seXi04 has very limited stock at selfedge... :(
Yes it is going to be limited, all self edge collaborations that I know of have only been done in a single run. I wish they would make them in a size 26 as even the 27s in the sexi04 were too big for me, ah well.

Ah, question answered. But yes, SE collaborations are limited.

Supposedly a September release date?

I've always been considering Imperials, and if they come in black...there goes my money for sure.

I don't think anyone knows for sure (maybe Kiya?), but word says in a few months. Personally, I'm too impatient for black denim; it takes forever to fade.

I agree the SEXI04's smallest waist is 29 i need a 27 or 28

Are you sure they didn't come in size 28? I'm pretty sure they have size 28.

• 2 months later...

Bringing this topic out of the dead...

As stated earlier, they'll be a 18.5 cm cut, and made in japan. But, they'll apparently also be unsanforized, be around the same price as the 04s, possibly a bit more because of the production in japan (I'm guessing limited run again). They'll have better details than the 04, and will be able to compete in the quality with japanese brands. Release will be some time in mid-July.

*Relaying information from kiya's posts on hypebeast.

Personally, I'm anticipating their release.

dunno why you bumped this, but I'll add my two sense. I've never been a fan of imperial - to me their bright yellow back pocket detailing looks tacky - even worse as they fade. If they use a darker ink - such that upon fading the back pocket design remains like a negative, I'd copulate in a moment. Too bad I just bought new jawns.

Totally justified bumping of a thread.

Last I heard these are dropping in mid July. And Kiya has stated that they are amazing - the move to production in Japan means all the world.

Potentially great cut, better denim, and probably darker stitching like the original SEXI collab...there is loads of potential here.

Imperial uses japanese denim already, so it doesn't matter that production is being moved to japan.

Furthermore, I don't that wages in japan are higher than in australia, and even more so in terms of US dollars with the strength of the yen as of late. So it wouldn't make sense that some people have said the prices will probably be higher since it's made in japan. If the move was from china to japan, that would be a different story.

Australian made products are also no slouch in the quality department. Just have a look at the regular imperials made in australia!

^ maybe the fact that the move for this run means extra overhead/startup/admin costs in the short term. I guess a small premium for this MIJ label can be justified somehow.

I'm just repeating what Kiya said in regards to the quality, I know it's already Japanese denim. There's no point debating, we'll see soon enough.

I'm curious to see the difference.

Kiya said that because imperial was an Australian-based company, producing in Japan would increase costs in some way. And honestly speaking superhero, imperial denim is not on par with many of the japanese brands in terms of fading and overall quality. This definitely seems like a step up, and I'm eagerly anticipating the release. Also, I don't think the same sizing problems will exist for these as they did for the people at the bottom of this page with the 04 model.

ssheat, in terms of fading that's something really subjective, because I've seen some japanese denim that fades awesomely, and some that fade like shit, depending on how it was worn/washed etc. And even then, what I think looks awesome some might think look shit, and vice versa. It hardly to fair to say japanese denim fades "superiorly" because superior fading is really a subjective term (is superior really considered quick fades vs high contrast vs vintage fading? etc).

Furthermore with regards to fading compared to japanese denim, it's really a comparison that can't be made so simply. Japanese denim covers a whole plethora of brands which all fade uniquely and it would be impossible to compare imperial to all those brands at once.

As with regards to overall quality how would you say imperial denim is subpar? It's construction is as good as it gets. All seams are fully felled and it is very neat and sturdy. Yes the hem isn't chainstitched, but that is rather a nod to vintage detailing rather than a lack of quality.

Your point regarding fading's subjectivity is definitely true. At least here in the US, most of the people buy imperial for the pocket stitching (a personal deterrent for me) and the low yoke and stylistic things rather than for fading properties and quality. Those things generally are not what I look for if I am to spend 250+ on denim. Besides these general stylistic things, there's not much that stands to me, like vibrant fading, extremely quick fading, heavy weight, slubby airy feel, and cut like the other brands that seem to have become popular on this site. I guess its just simple difference in opinion. I think this jean will be great for sure though.

Just stumbled upon this thread..

The cut is an 18.5cm Dior cut, they're made in Japan (a first for Imperial), the inseam will be ~39" raw, they'll run true to size (not a size big like the SEXI04).

Also, the biggest point is that the denim isn't Imperial's normal denim, it's rope-dyed pure indigo unsanforized Japanese denim.

Should be out right after the All-Star break.