New York vs. California

b.e-n

son chill the fuck out. LA fucking blows. take your tanned up cheesy "movie stars", your no culture havin asses and get the fuck outta here. nothin but fake ass trickery, up in socal. SF is dope and shit but LA is one giant, corny ass wasteland. vintage tshirts and and the land of von dutch. sheeit.

y so upset??

lol definitely dont gotta defend la to an east coast nigga

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slightly less crowded and a bit better in terms of paying rent/buying real estate

SF is still one of the most densely populated cities in the country…unfortunately.

Whenever anyone I know goes there, I come along just to empty the bowls of candy into my pocket. Not even joking. Those are like my favorite candies.

God damn, I'm even craving right now. Oh polaroid, I miss u

Sunday is free cracker and soda day. Cracker, the snack, of course.

i like LA. I like NY. SD is whack, sorry servo. Has taken me a while to come around to LA, but seriously, every city is what you make of it. My friend in park slope hates the fact that he pays $700 to live in a fucking "dorm room" and can't afford to go out....the whole movie star thing is so "you don't live in california." attitude. unless you go out searching for that shit, it doesn't really come to you...

Philly is great as is Providence.....

califonia is way better. never been to southern california but don't need to really.

New York has a lot going for it though. Better:

music scenes

clothing shopping

public transportation

museums and art

networking opportunities- professionally and socially. easier to make industry contacts and easier to make new friends I think.

Bay area has better:

people/atmosphere

beaches, muir woods and access to sierras/ great national parks

music stores

hippy-friendly

everyone knows all the lyrics to The Chronic and Doggystyle (I value this a lot)

For some reason it feels like even though New York is much larger that it has more tight knit communities within the city.... example: I see the same people at all the concerts I go to, same people at parties I go to. And every time I'm below 14th st I run into someone I know from somewhere on the sidewalk.

Can't wait to go back to CA some day though.

2. since when is san diego the magical beer land possessing the beer fountain of youth? are you fucking kidding? if you're life revolves so heavily around drinking beer that you literally think a city is awesome because of the amount of beer it has, (which i doubt is better than new york OR LA.. how many bars in san diego literally have chimay, or other beligan monastery beers? or limited brewed cider?), then you are a douche.

san diego is one of the best cities for beer in the united states you fucking ignorant douchebag

off topic, why is san diego so conservative but its schools are full of mexicans?

perhaps a subject for another time

this was a genuinely well written post (0)

love the anthropological question posed at the beginning that at first leaves the reader with uncertainty to whether this leads to a punchline or heavy meditation on social dynamics

and then BAM . the late night tv talk show referential sign off , totally deadpan

your posts been on fire as of late

califonia is way better. never been to southern california but don't need to really.

New York has a lot going for it though. Better:

music scenes

clothing shopping

public transportation

museums and art

networking opportunities- professionally and socially. easier to make industry contacts and easier to make new friends I think.

Bay area has better:

people/atmosphere

beaches, muir woods and access to sierras/ great national parks

music stores

hippy-friendly

everyone knows all the lyrics to The Chronic and Doggystyle (I value this a lot)

For some reason it feels like even though New York is much larger that it has more tight knit communities within the city.... example: I see the same people at all the concerts I go to, same people at parties I go to. And every time I'm below 14th st I run into someone I know from somewhere on the sidewalk.

Can't wait to go back to CA some day though.

How can you compare Bay Area to New York City.. only thing bay area or cali in fact has is the beaches thats about it ..

Everyone knows the words to Biggy - Juicy in NYC also lol

One thing that really appeals to me being a SF native is the walkability of San Francisco. Manhattan is super walkable too but the neighborhoods are so much larger (at least they seemed so to me). SF is comprised almost entirely of microneighborhoods... (Except for the sunset and richmond but who goes there anyways?). Maybe the rich for food. Hell I'm biased from growing up on russian hill anyways.

then again

i'd give an arm and a leg to be in Butte, Montana right now.

or Paris, Texas

Santa Fe, New Mexico doesn't sound so bad either. Cormac McCarthy lives there and they have a cool place where scientists hang out.

Santa Fe is the shit. High up there on my list of places I've lived/visited.

SF is comprised almost entirely of microneighborhoods... (Except for the sunset and richmond but who goes there anyways?). Maybe the rich for food.

Maybe about 33% of San Francisco's population…Azns.