New York vs. California

b.e-n

I haven't found a thread on this yet. I'm thinking about moving to California but i have always wanted to live in new york city. I know new york a bit, but i live in the outer part of the city. I go to school in the city though so i know the sort of feeling it has. It's too hot in summer and can be too cold in winter. I've visited California twice or three times, and really liked the warmth. it seems to be the kind of perfect weather place. California seems to be a lot more laid back as well, which is really a plus for me. What do you guys prefer?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both places will eat your soul and shit you out into something better or worse than you are right now. Its 80 degrees outside today and theyre about to decriminalize marijuana. that sound good to you?

lol... no.. san diego is not even "o k"

edit: mr calvin nose

yeah seriously san diego fucking blows unless you like fraternity kids with STD's. even san francisco is questionable... everyone there has a bone to pick... like something to prove, it's the place where the rest of california moves to get away from mommy and daddy and prove that they are unconventional. its one big urban cliche.

i moved to NYC recently from LA, different. that's all. i love them both for different reasons. depends what you are looking for.

You guys must be fucking bad at San Diego because it's not nearly as bad as you dudes make it out to be. Then again, I have home team advantage so if you didn't live here I can certainly understand what you're holding against it and it's certainly no New York or even LA (personally think SD is way better than LA but that's just me) but there's no point in making comparisons like that. It's a good place to live.

(personally think SD is way better than LA but that's just me) but there's no point in making comparisons like that. I

most people from san diego think this, which is beyond me.

and yeah san fran is basically a massive urban cliche for trust fund babies looking to bum out and do drugs all day like thats all there is to do in life. no hate though its better than other parts of no. cal

It's a good place to live.

certain communities are a good place to raise a family. it's not a good place for young 20-30 somethings looking to have fun. if you are boring as fuck or ONLY like to go to college bars or simply do your 9-5 and go home... then it's great. don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, but it's not particularly interesting or active.

im from LA area, more specifically Pasadena area, i think its fine a little boring at times, but hey what can i do

it's really hard to say to say a entire city just sucks since obviously some neighborhoods are gonna be worse than others

also depends what you are looking for the city/neighborhood to offer you

youre from pasadena... not la.

pasadena is where burnt out rock stars go to live out the rest of their days grazing in old town and popping little poser hardcore kids.

not a big fan of asian girls myself (even though i am half asian) but i did like san francisco. yes weed is definitly a plus as well. i don't know much about la but it looked like a really trashy sort of place. never been to san diego. and to Gouf on the 1st page: their on their way to legalizing. so you guys say california?

not a big fan of asian girls myself (even though i am half asian) but i did like san francisco. yes weed is definitly a plus as well. i don't know much about la but it looked like a really trashy sort of place. never been to san diego. and to Gouf on the 1st page: their on their way to legalizing. so you guys say california?

most dispensaries, and by proxy non-legal dealers, all get their supply from the same sources up in Humboldt anyways... so anywhere in CA is fine (best) for weed.

move to florida b-e-n emottwisted.gif

we don't want him

i've been to LA and San Diego a few times, love to skate there, but it is not even comparable to nyc. There's just a limitless nature to nyc that's endearing, i would not trade it for the world