California Trippin

showbiz00ditc

Whats up World of Superfuture.

Me and a bunch of buddies are wanting to rent some sort of beach house for a couple weeks in August to fill up with people and swim, surf, chill, and party.

The only place we've talked about has been Huntington Beach, but thats only because the guy who was looking at spots saw some available on the net there.

But can anyone recommend a place in Cali with a beach located nearby along with good nightlife?

We're all gonna be <25's and want a good atmosphere and to have a good time.

Thanks

In LA county, I always like Hermosa Beach...chill beach atmosphere and tons of bars/clubs at the pier.

In Orange County, Newport Beach is pretty chills and the bars are pretty close by. Huntington Beach would be my second choice.

If you want to go more south, Mission Beach in San Diego is a fun area and relatively close to the Gaslamp Quarter where there is a pretty poppin nightlife.

Venice Beach is an option. It has an eclectic counterculture reputation. There's nightlife around Abbot Kinney, and probably more to do than the other locations listed. You're also much closer to anything else you'd want to do in LA: Santa Monica neighbors Venice, Hollywood isn't too far, and you can go inland for Echo Park and Silverlake.

Hermosa Beach does have a chill atmosphere but can be a little boring. You'd definitely need a car in Hermosa if you want to see anything else.

Long Beach sucks and is more Orange County than LA.

San Diego would be cool to checkout.

I forgot about Santa Barbara which is two hours north of LA. It has a relaxed beach/college town atmosphere. It's pretty small, so it's not that hard to get around. I'm not sure how the surf is. There's a fair amount of nightlife and plenty of college kids from University of California Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara Community College.