Cheap(er) derbies with contrast sole?

qom

Been looking all over the place for derbies or possibly oxfords in black/brown, and with a contrasting sole.

I know APC had some nice ones SS08 (or possibly AW08), and they have some good looking ones this season too. However, I'm not able to put 280€ on shoes that I probably will wear quite often and not for formal meetings or stuff like that. I'm looking for something cheaper that I can wear without being bummed if I get some dirt on them.

These are the ones APC have this season, so you know what I'm talking about

samNMsFja.png

I take it that this is somekind of new phenomena since it's IMPOSSIBLE to find shoes like these on ebay.

Jeep, what size are you? 13 or 14? Some people have said RC run a size big...I found them to be like a size and a half big and they may stretch with wear?

I was just gonna come in here and suggest Grenson then I saw other people already have. Winn Perry has the Nobles (Rushden line) for like $125 from $250. I'm thinking about buying a pair tomorrow. Don't forget UK sizing. *Edit* Yea, the Noble's not really a plain derby...but on sale still better than a lot of other options.

Jeep, what size are you? 13 or 14? Some people have said RC run a size big...I found them to be like a size and a half big and they may stretch with wear?

I was just gonna come in here and suggest Grenson then I saw other people already have. Winn Perry has the Nobles (Rushden line) for like $125 from $250. I'm thinking about buying a pair tomorrow. Don't forget UK sizing. *Edit* Yea, the Noble's not really a plain derby...but on sale still better than a lot of other options.

I'm a 14US, usually 14 or 15 in dress shoes. If they come in 13's and run a size big, maybe I can have them stretched or use my shoe-trees to try and get a few cm's out of them, but usually it's a no-go :(

• 2 weeks later...

The last used for the Grenson Kirk has a very elongated toe box. Clown shoes.

The last used for the Grenson Wembley, Kent, Walgrave and Elland is much more elegant.

If you want a contrast sole, you can always sand down the sides and apply a clear sealant.

Example:

http://indigofan.com/indigofan/labels/Allen-Edmonds%20Cordovan%20Cambridge.html