Transatlantic Jeans Project for Two

@Turntabloid: yeah, that would be quite something. But, considering the size of Berlin and the fact that the jeans are rather inconspicuous (worn in daily life...), I'd say hugely unlikely.

@all: Computer crash seems to be sorted, if all is well, pic post coming up later this night. Stand by!

So, we have the first small rip, at one of the usual places....

This is how it looks when wearing the jeans.

2ufgf1h.jpg

And here I have the jeans in my hand, indicating the problem spot with my finger from the inside:

2l9cso.jpg

Finally, a view from the inside:

2lb12yx.jpg

386 seems to be incommunicado these days (we want to decide about matters like repair -if, how, when- mutually), so here's your chance to weigh in.

Jeans got a fair amount of moisture today and the day before, we have p l e n t y of rain right now.

Dang, I knew it was going to happen. It tends to happen, you know?

These bad boys are getting their first repair job soon enough! Super exciting and something that will become a life of the dungarees.

Glad to see so many pictures, my good friend. Keep it up, bro! :

• 4 weeks later...

The jeans have been in longer-than-expected limbo, the repair job having taken MUCH longer than anticipated, for various reasons, unfortunate circumstances. Now they are back in use, expect more soon!

So I'm working at this summer at a camp for people with disabilities. It's a great time and hopefully it will do wonders for these jeans. If only it wasn't for sitting at this darn desk all the time.

I got home on Friday and there was a parcel from 501cult and lo and behold-- the Studio's are back!

7760703_db1febcbfd.jpg

7760706_6ae861ff6e.jpg

7760711_91aef5f4c9.jpg

More pictures of the excellent repair job and details during this week!

ive been wondering where 386 was hiding! for those who don't know, 386 is still the fucking man! i wanted those SDAs bad before i grabbbed the WH, but they were sold out. i don't want any SDAs but these. they are too dope!

• 1 month later...

Nice that you ask. I've been wondering a little myself....and have been nagging good ole 386 a bit about it. By mail. He is on a rural trip at the moment and rather incommunicado. But he's wearing the (freshly repaired after some damage caused by excessive sports in them) jeans and they most certainly haven't been lost (please don't scare us with such unspeakable horror scenarios.....).

So I hope for more on this here soon.

And yeah, this is the 100th entry in this thread!!!!! Hopefully the "more soon" ones will have more pleasant causes.....

.....just saw that on the menu, it's counted as the 99th reply. So bear with me, please, I just have to make it a full 100.

It's really sweet that some people care so much about our project. Much appreciated, thanks, guys!

I trust that sooner or later they sure will. We have to be just a little patient with 386 for the time being.

OK OK OK OK OK OK OK.

I've been out. I have not been logging into superfuture, but I _have_ been wearing, reparing, destroying, and getting my mom to repair the jeans for me when it got too bad for me.

So when I got them, they were pretty nice. 501cult's tailor did a wonderful job on the patching. Check it!!

8028616_a1bb94b00f.jpg

8028617_27c2b2f7fc.jpg

8028620_a03bb754ae.jpg

As you can see, I had my own little hole develop on the opposite side as 501cult. It's all good, so I sewed it up by hand. I will show post more repair shots this week (yeah, right!) but more happened.

I go to college, so I play ultimate frisbee with my friends. One day it just happened that I rode my bicycle out to the frisbee field and ended up ripping the entire crotch out.

8028621_e7e47770ff.jpg

My mom has since repaired it, but it was quite the job. Look at that mess. It totally ripped in multiple places... tight crotches tend to do this. Welp.

But the jeans look rad! They are coming along very nicely, and I'm going to North Carolina for the coming weekend and I'll do some decent writing and picture taking, I hope! :)

8028612_d05f4d4fff.jpg

8028613_4ec9389ba8.jpg

8028615_cf43a24fbe.jpg

The jeans, my grandma, my mom, and myself all love you.

8028622_e7214127a0.jpg

Until next time, which I will try to make a LOT sooner this time. Heh.

Yeahhhhh! 386 is back, and what a comprehensive entry, full of pics. How did Mark Twain put it? Rumors of my death grossly exaggerated, I think it was. So the jeans are doing fine, and are only enhanced by all the life they got and the repair now that this life made necessary. Incidentally, they are still unwashed, and 386 and I want to keep it that way for some time longer.

Good to have you back here, 386, denim buddy!!!

• 2 months later...
i am more worried about 386's beard..

386 is back bitches!i asked for the beard, and i got it. i love this motherfucker man, forreal. for all of you who think im some super-fade guy, my professor's name is 386. look at the knees on these hoes, you'll NEVER get fades like that in bitch-mode trying to stay clean...

• 2 months later...

They take a winter rest in Germany at the moment, due to extremely low temperatures and a kinda slow communication between 386 and myself as of late. We need to talk about washing and repairs, and we haven't talked for a while. So please stay tuned and have lots of patience....thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody.

A brief update for those who are still inclined to follow our little project, after such a long "news-less" time. Today we've had the first real day of spring after a horrid icy winter. 15 degrees (metric, of course), and a real revelation after all this cold, damp, dark and seemingly never-ending arctic climate. I immediately resurrected our jeans from their hibernation.

They feel tighter than I remember them....I obviously have gained a little weight . But they also still feel absolutely great to wear. The smell is a bit stale, like I know it from 2nd hand jeans. So the topic of washing them will have to be addressed, sooner or later, in any case I reckon before they face their next transatlantic trip.